xvi

There was a party that night and I decided to go with Bailey. At first she was shocked but then she remembered why I wanted to. Because everybody wants to do something reckless when they're sad and confused. Note the sarcasm. Okay fine, I just wanted to forget everything for a while. Just tonight.

"I'll meet you at the club." Bailey tells me before hanging up.

I examined myself in the mirror again and adjusted my dress. I don't know why I can't just wear jeans and a shirt, but then I recall the last time and remember the sweaty people surrounding me. The heat making it worse.

I'm just gonna escape for a while. I tell myself over and over. Checking myself one last time before grabbing my bag and leaving the apartment.

I made my way through the crowd in search for Bailey. She was nowhere to be seen. As usual. I kinda regret going now as I'd rather be anywhere but here.

A few people would bump me, some asked me to dance and a few guys even offered a drink. Being the person I am, I declined them all.

I sit at one of the bar stools and ordered water. The bartender who looked a little too old to be in a place like this sighed. Glad I'm not the only one. He slides me the glass and I finish it under two seconds.

"Joey?" That deep and familiar voice says behind me.

I turn around and there he was. Is he friends with all of Bailey's friends because he's always at every fucking party that she was invited to. He stood there with his stupid red flannel and skinny jeans. With his stupid hair and stupid blue eyes. Stupid smile that could make me fall in seconds. Stupid and I hate it.

"You look pretty." He chuckled. I don't say anything.

"What are you doing here?" He takes a seat beside me and leans a little too close. His stupid scent sending waves of shock to my senses.

I don't answer him and ask the bartender for another glass of beer.

"Well?" He moved away slightly and I could feel myself breathe again.

"It's none of your business." I faced him, glaring.

"It was just a question." He scoffs.

"It was a question that shouldn't even be asked." I say back.

"Good one." He says and I smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I thought that 'was a question that shouldn't even be asked'." He mocks, smirking back.

"Fine, who are you with?"

"I'm here with Michael, Cal and Ash, but they're nowhere to be seen." He lookd around and I can see his evident jawline. Jesus Christ.

I suddenly felt self conscious of how I look; a black dress that is cut too low (for me) and heels that aren't so high but enough to make you reach Luke's nose? I know I complain about my dresses a lot but I can't help it. Compared to Luke, I look like I tried so hard and failed.

"Tragic." I commented.

He gave me a small smile and ordered a drink for himself.

We sit there for quite some time. Luke is already downing his third drink and I barely touched mine.

"Don't you want a drink?" Luke turns his whole body to face me and hiccups.

"Nope." I say to him, raising the glass up so he could see. He finishes his drink and asks for another.

"Are you sure?" He grabs the drink the bartender gave him and hands it to me.

The smell of the alcohol made me dizzy. I lightly pushed it away and give him a small smile. He shrugs and drinks my beer in a second.

"Why are you drinking so much?" I asked out of the blue.

He didn't respond. He just looked at me and chuckled to himself.

I looked at the dancefloor and observe the bodies clashing with each other. Dirty dancing, making out and just having fun. I wish I could let lose like that.

"Do you wanna dance?" Luke says over the blaring music.

"I can't dance, remember?" I chuckled.

"Maybe you got better." He smirks.

"You go, I'll stay here." I lightly push him.

"That's no fun," He pouts. "Please?"

"No."

"Please?"

"I said no."

"Just one dance?"

"Nope."

"Please?" He drags the word and it makes him look adorable with his pouting lips and big blue eyes.

I huff, "Fine."

"Yay!" He cheers like a kid and holds my hand, taking- dragging me to the dancefloor.

I was lost in the dance. Maybe it was the amount of smoke I inhaled, maybe it was smell of alcohol lingering in the air or Luke's mouth. Whatever it is, it got me high out of my mind. Weird, I know.

Luke and I dance and dance and dance. Sweat drips down my forehead and I start to laugh for no apparent reason. Luke laughs with me. He pulls me close, making us slow dance as the music shifted to a slow mix.

I loosely hang my arms around his neck, playing with the ends of his hair. Luke holds me by the waist and staring intently into my eyes. A random memory pops in my head— Luke and I were in this position except we weren't at a party, it was during prom.

"You're pretty." He says lowly and I blush.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I chuckle.

He gives me his infamous smile and tucks a piece of my hair behind my ear.

Suddenly, Luke starts leaning in and I instinctively move away. He was this close to kissing me and I almost fell for that. I can't let him do this. Not after what he did. Sure we can get this close but that doesn't mean he can move further.

I make my way back to the small bar, leaving Luke behind. I do hear him calling out my name but I ignore him.

As much as I wanted to do what was supposed to happen back there, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. At least not now.

****

wow she hates and loves him at the same time

she was "high" but got her senses back wow, jordin

---

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 1ST UPDATE OF THE YEAR YAY

Again | Luke Hemmingsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें