xxxvi

I hid behind the wall, placing a hand over my mouth to prevent myself from making any noise. My chest felt tight, like a lot of air was coming in, suffocating me as each second passed. The tears wouldn't stop flowing down my cheeks. God, why? I ran a hand through my tangled hair, a little gross from my tear-stained hand.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. I just saw the girl I despised the most kissing the guy I was sure that I loved. Eating each other's faces off and her wretched hands roaming around his body.

I leaned my head against the wall as I slid down, sitting on the ground. It was hard to breathe because I had to keep quiet so they wouldn't find me here. There was a door to my left with an EXIT sign sitting above and my mind was battling whether I should make a run for it or give Luke a hard punch on the face.

Yelling could be heard from behind me, the sounds of glasses breaking pierced my ears.

"Just get out! I told you that I don't want you!" Luke raised his voice and I heard another crash.

"Don't lie to me. I know you still love me." Chloe cried, sobs escaped her mouth.

"What we had was all a set up." Luke explained. "I told you that I'm in love with someone else."

"Why do you even love that bitch, Janice?" Chloe yelled.

"Her name is Jordin. And she is not a fucking bitch!" Luke yelled louder and I felt my heart clench.

"She's a bitch, Lukey!" Chloe practically screamed. "I'm your girlfriend! Not her! I'm so much better-"

"Shut up and get out!" Luke said in the scariest tone ever and it honestly scared me.

"Fine. I will." Chloe said and I heard her heels clicking against the door, getting nearer to where I was.

When I saw her, she had black eyeliner smeared below her eyes, her eyes bloodshot and lipstick smudged all the way to her left cheek. When she saw me, she yelled.

"This is all your fault, you fucking bitch!" Grabbing my arm, pulling me up and slapped me across the face.

I didn't hesitate to do the same, her red hair flying across her face. Luke approached us as we started getting ready for a fight. He pulled me back, forcing Chloe to leave the room. She gave us one last look before exiting through the door, giving us the finger before slamming the door shut.

Luke let go and I stepped away from him.

"Joey," Luke whispered, reaching for me but I backed away further, hitting the wall with my back. This little hall wasn't even wide enough for two people.

"First of all, can you explain to me what the fuck just happened?" I said, raising my voice a little that made Luke wince. "Because I just saw an unfinished question before I entered."

Luke ran a hand through his hair multiple times, sighing. "I don't know how she found me. I was just preparing all of this and next thing I new, her face was on mine. I tried to push her away but she had me trapped in her grip." He avoided my gaze because his eyes were already glossy.

"I can't believe I ruined it." He said to himself, tugging at the ends of his hair. "I fucking ruined it!" He yelled, throwing his hands in the air. He looked at me like a crazed man, breathing heavily and ready to hit something.

"Luke-"

"No, Joey." He stopped me. "I've been waiting for so long to do this and I ruined it. I wanted to make sure this was super special and memorable for you but no," He scoffed, face getting red. "I fucking ruined it."

I weakly put my hand in his shoulder and his tensed muscles relaxed.

"Now, I don't know what to do." His voice cracked, rubbing his eye.

I pulled myself to him, wrapping my arms around his torso, feeling myself start to cry.

"No, I don't deserve you." Luke tried to push me away but I stood my ground.

"Why not?" I whispered, burying my head on the crook of his neck. His tall frame made it hard. I heard him sigh, muttering words I couldn't understand.

"You'll only get hurt more." I felt his arms wrap around me, holding me close.

"I don't care." I croaked, my throat already felt dry. The previous events started to disappear because all that mattered to me right now is Luke. And it true. I didn't care if I got hate from his fans for being with him, I didn't care if he had to go away because he had a tour, I didn't care at all. I just wanted him- I needed him to be with me.

"But I do."

"I don't, Luke. I'm more than willing to be your girlfriend, friend, whatever you want me to be." I pulled away at an arms length, feeling a tear roll carelessly down my cheek. Luke moved his hand to my cheek to rub it off with his thumb. His eyes were red and I could tell that he was crying in the short time I couldn't see his face.

"And I'm more than willing to do this too." Luke added to what I said.

"Despite the problems?" I asked.

"Despite the disapproval of others?" He continued, a hopeful light in his eyes.

"And our busy schedules?"

"I'm more than willing to do it all over again." He smiled, a light laugh escaped his lips.

"All over again." I repeated, laughing as well.

"Jordin Kass, will you be my girlfriend again?" Luke asked, caressing my cheek with his thumb, his eyes looking into mine.

"Again? Yes." I breathed.

"Again seems to be our favorite word." He smirked, moving his face closer to mine, our lips brushing against each other's.

"Well, we are doing this again." I said and he kissed me, closing all space between us.

****

And that's it. That's the story of Luke and Joey. Hahahahahahahahahsha *sobs uncontrollably* hahahahahahahahahaha