xiii

Bailey somehow heard the entire conversation and gave me a lecture on why I shouldn't go with him tomorrow.

Half of me wanted to and the other half says to ditch because this is Luke, it's unpredictable.

After a really long lecture and rant session, we have decided that I should go. To see how it turns out.

Right now, Bailey is rummaging through my entire closet, going through all my clothes to find something suitable for tomorrow.

"What if we're going to go skydiving?" I asked, watching Bailey hold up two dresses.

"Skydiving isn't really for a "we need to talk" kind of date." She laughed.

"It's not a date." I groaned for the hundreth time tonight. A smile forces its way to my face at the thought but I stopped it.

"It is." She stated.

"It's not!"

"It is!"

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and checked my phone.

3 missed calls and 4 messages. All from my mum.

I tapped on one of the messages.

Fr: Mum

is there something you're not telling me? x

Fr: Mum

Joey, there are loads of pictures of you and Michael holding hands in a park! Call me soon. x

Fr: Mum

I need to talk to Michael soon and his hair is thinning!

Fr: Mum

Haven't seen you in a long time. Visit here soon, honey x

I typed a quick reply.

To: Mum

Hey mum, Michael and I AREN'T together. He was holding my wrist. I'm still single. And I'll visit as soon as possible. Miss you!

I closed my phone and looked at Bailey.

"Have you heard anything?" I asked her.

"Heard of what?" She asked, still looking through my clothes.

"I don't know, Michael and stuff?" I shrugged.

"Oh yeah, I was gonna ask you but I keep forgetting! Anyways, what's up with you two?" She finally leaves my closet.

"Nothing. Everyone just assumed that we were together." I pouted. The thought of Michael and I together made me feel uncomfortable. Michael will always be my friend, nothing more.

"You two were holding hands in the park." She pointed out.

"He was holding my wrist."

"It didn't look like it but whatever, I believe you." She smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

"But you should check Twitter because their fans went crazy and all that. It happened like three-two weeks ago? Yeah, you guys hung out for like a week."

"Oh, well." I shrugged and we both laughed it off.

"Now, back to tomorrow. This or this?" She held up another dress on her left and the same outfit I wore to that party weeks ago on her right.

"Isn't there anything else?" I whined. I'm such a baby.

"No." She shoots me a devious smile.

I sighed, "The dress."

"Yay!" She jumped and placed the dress beside me and arranged all my clothes back in order.

"I'll help you." I tild her.

"No, you go try that on and show me after." She laughed, locking herself in my closet.

Ugh.

I stripped off my clothes and slipped on the dress. It's kinda tight, shapes my body and ends at least 3 inches above my knees. There are no designs, just plain black.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I admit I like how I look and this alone got me excited for tomorrow. I wonder how Luke will react?

"Let me see." Bailey says from behind and I turned around.

She has a big smile on her face.

"I don't think he's just gonna talk to you." She winks.

"Shut up." I blushed and changed back to my previous clothes.