xxxii

We finally landed after so long and I was dead tired. I pulled my jacket close to me, regretting for wearing just a tank top underneath and a pair of jean shorts. Stupid little Jordin.

One of the security guards called for us to follow him. Ashton and Calum walked by my side while Michael was behind us. Luke? He wondered off the moment we finished getting our bags checked.

"Where's Luke?" The guard asked.

I shrugged. The airport wasn't packed since it was barely four in the morning.

"Okay. You guys follow Brandon while I- oh, I just saw Luke. You guys follow Brandon to the van." He commanded and a tall, meaty man stood before us. He had a snake tattoo around his entire arm that made him look intimidating. But like Ashton, he also had a laugh.

Brandon noticed all of us looking at his tattoo so he laughed like a school girl, "You should see the dragon tattoo on my back."

I let out a nervous chuckle and we all followed him to a black van.

"Body goals." I heard Michael say and we all laughed.

Brandon got my luggages for me and placed them all in the back along with the others except Luke. That blond boy was still nowhere to be seen. I climbed in the van first, sitting in the back. Michael sat beside me and Ashton beside Michael. Calum was all alone in front of us. Honestly, we couldn't fit at the back anymore because Ashton and Michael are large boys. If we add one more person here, the backside of this van will fall off for sure.

Luke finally came in, sitting beside Calum.

"Glad that you can join us." Calum snickered and placed an arm around Luke.

"Got caught by a fan." Luke said and everyone except me laughed. I didn't know what was funny though. Must be some inside joke they have. Michael and Ashton patted his shoulders and told him that he's a "big boy" now and all that. So, I just sat there in silence while they continue to confuse me more with their secret bro code or something.

The car ride to the hotel we were staying in was short. We stood outside the hotel in awe.

"Last one inside orders pizza." Michael exclaimed and starting running towards the entrance.

"You guys aren't ac-" I started but stopped when Calum, Ashton and Luke followed after him, leaving me standing all alone.

"I'd like ham and cheese on mine, Joey!" Michael called from the entrance.

I rolled my eyes and began dragging my luggage down the fancy rock cement.

I entered the hotel and saw Ashton waving an arm for me to follow. The other guys were nowhere to be seen so it was just Ashton and I. He pressed the upward arrow of the elevator and we waited quietly. It was a lot colder here than it was outside so I hugged my jacket closer to me and I saw Ashton take his sweater off and asked me to wear it, leaving him in a fitted black tank top.

"Won't you get cold?" I asked, inhaling the odd smell of strawberries and axe. Ashton smells weird . . .

"Don't mind me." He waved off and the elevator doors finally opened.

I bent down to pick my luggage but Ashton told me to hold the door for him instead, carrying my heavy luggage inside. His muscles flexed when he lifted and I had to look away to fight the blush creeping on my cheeks.

"Thanks." I mumbled and pressed number 14. The doors closed and silence surrounded us.

"Sorry to ask," Ashton spoke. "but are you and Luke fighting right now?"

"Huh?" I stared at him in confusion until I remembered. Oh yeah. "Oh, it's nothing." I sighed, looking at the floor.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"Don't say sorry." I immediately looked up at him. "He's just being himself." I tried to let out a laugh.

"Just remember what I said, okay?" He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah." I smiled.

We just passed the fifth floor and it couldn't take any longer. I just wanted to crash on the bed and sleep because I was really tired. I leaned my head on Ashton's shoulder, hoping it would make me last because I could feel myself passing out at any second. He moved closer and placed an arm around me so I don't fall or something.

We finally reached the fourteenth  floor and I sighed in relief. Finally.

The doors opened and I saw- guess who- Luke standing there. I quickly moved away from Ashton but it was too late. A knowing look was on Luke's face and I wanted to rip it off and throw his entire being across the room. Ashton must have felt the tension because he left for his room quickly. I huffed and began pulling my luggage out. Of course I wouldn't just leave without forcefully bumping shoulders with him. I heard him quietly groan in pain and I smiled to myself in victory, walking down the hall to look for my room.