xxxiii

I woke up five hours after I passed out on the bed. I didn't bother to unpack because we were only staying here for the night. At two in the morning tomorrow, we're leaving for the next place.

I groan as I sat up and I regret not sleeping in a better position.

My little moment was disrupted by a loud knocking. . .banging on the door.

I wondered who it was; who could possibly be so angry at this time of the day.

I open my door and Luke walked in, holding his phone out and facing me.

"Luke-"

"Thought I wouldn't find out?" He shouted, angrily kicking the door shut with his foot.

"What?" I asked, controlling my temper that is being pushed by his sudden outburst.

"Don't tell me what!" He yelled, his breathing became heavy and his eyes were looking right through me.

"What!" I yelled back. What the hell is he mad about? My patience and control went quickly down the drain.

"Thought you could keep this forever?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You," He pointed to me. "And Ash!"

"What does Ashton have to do with this?" I threw my hands in the air.

He literally shoved the phone to my face, the brightness of his screen blinded me for a second.

I moved it away, making a disgusted face.

I took it from his hands and see a picture. Two pictures, actually. A picture of Ashton and I when we jogged for the first time. I recognized the background to be Alyssa's. Ashton and I were hugging in this picture, his arms were trapping me. The second picture, I remembered, was when he called me again and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. But not quick enough because here I am looking at the picture of his kissing my cheek. My smile was so obvious, even if it was slightly dark. Ashton is only a friend to me. I promise.

I threw the phone across the room and Luke didn't seem to mind. His blue eyes were a darker shade, his hair was a mess and I could tell that he was about to shout again. . . it honestly scared me, but I'm not going to tell him that.

"I bet he was telling you about all the things that he would do." He said in a low, emotionless voice and it sent shivers down my spine.

"On that bed." He pointed to my bedroom without breaking eye contact. What a piss off. . .

"He would whisper sweet nothings in your ear while he holds you up against the wall, making you need him." He emphasized the word 'need'. It gave me the feeling that the topic of Ashton and I is no longer being talked about. "Then take you to the bed."

"Luke, I-" He cut me off.

"And take you down little," He stepped closer to me. "By little." Until he was just whispering in my ear.

"Leaving you breathless and wet-" I cut him off by placing both hands on his face and kissing him. Hard.

I pushed him against the door, trapping him with my- unfortunately- tiny body. I tilted my head to the side as he kissed back, pushing his tongue in my mouth. It didn't take him a second to flip us over so now my body is against the wall beside the door. My hand went up to his hair and the other on the side of his neck, pulling him closer to me.

I wanted to prove to him that it is only Luke that will make my legs feel like jelly, only Luke who will make me impossibly angry, but the happiest at the same time. Unfortunately, he can't seem to get that through his fucking head.