xxxv

"Yeah, mum, I-" I stopped when I heard a knock on the door.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Mum asked, worry laced in her tone.

"Nothing, nothing. Someone's at the door." I said, getting up to open the door.

I screamed when Michael picked me up from the ground, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Stay still." A voice. . .Calum? said and covered my eyes with a blindfold.

"Michael! Put me down!"

I heard my mum try to call me from my phone but someone swiftly took it from me.

"Hey, Maria. . .it's Calum. . .yeah I have her. . .Yes. . .Yes. . .No. . ."

"Calum!" I whispered angrily and he only shushed me then continued talking to my mum.

"Yes. . .she's safe with us."

"No I'm not!" I yelled so she could hear me.

I earned a light slap on my bum and I gasped in surprise, slapping Michael's bum as well.

"We have to go now. Bye." Calum cheerily said.

"Let me down!" I repeatedly pounded Michael's back.

"I will!" He replied, stopping on his tracks. I didn't know where he was taking me and I was kind of scared. What if they were going to put me in a whorehouse? What am I going to do? What if they were secret serial killers planning to kill me these past few years? What if-

"Is he there already?" I heard Calum ask.

"I think." Michael answered.

"He? Who's he?" I asked, trying to break free from Michael's hold.

"Someone." I heard Calum chuckle.

"Who is that "someone"?" I groaned, removing the blindfold but I felt a pair of hands grab ahold of mine.

"Are you guys like serial killers?" I asked.

"I can't even hold a knife. What makes you think that?" Michael laughed.

"Well, I don't know, the two of you randomly show up on my door, kidnapping me to somewhere I probably don't want to be in right now." I said sarcastically.

"Trust us, Joey." Calum cooed. I can imagine the smirk in his voice.

The sound of an elevator door opening alarmed me.

"Okay, Joey, it's useless calling for help because everyone is a part of this." Michael said as I felt him enter the elevator. Calum's grip on my hands never loosened because he probably thinks I'm going to break free and hide in my room. I would.

-

The smell of wet grass filled my senses, cars honking in the distance and people talking in their british accents everywhere. All of that started to fade when when I heard the sound of Michael and Calum's footsteps echo in a. . .room?

Michael finally put me down, my bare feet touching cold tiles.

"You should've gotten her shoes, smartass." I heard Michael tell Calum.

"I didn't even notice she had no shoes on!" Calum defended.

"Well you smartasses could've sent me a text or something before kidnapping me." I said.

"Okay, time to release the princess." Michael laughed and I bumped him with my shoulders.

Calum let go of my hands, threatening me that if I run, they won't bother looking for me.