|• chapter - 18 •|

Start from the beginning

Many patients came and we treated them. Mostly of pneumonia and diarrhea. We also gave presentations on prevention and home made cures and remedies to avoid other diseases. Soon the first day of camp ended and we were all allowed to go home. I didn't have much interaction with Dr. Shehryar and neither of us tried to have any encounters. I saw him ignore me a few times and to be honest, at first, I was a bit hurt but then I changed that hurt into my strength and decided that I shouldn't be concerned about him at all.

We started packing up and were about to leave when I dropped 3 bottles of antibiotics and since they were made of glass, they broke. Dr. Shehryar was there and I felt scared to death because not only it was a loss but it was entirely my fault.

"What is wrong with you? You dropped 3 bottles of such an important medicine!" He yelled at me.

"I-I- I'm sor-"

"I don't want to hear it. You're good for nothing. One work I gave you which was to put these bottles back in boxes but you can't even do that!" He said glaring at me and I felt tears sting my eyes.

"I'm sorry i'll-" I tired speaking again but he didn't stop.

"Did you ever learn anything? Do you even have a brain? Who even told you to become a doctor?! Pathetic." he yelled again and I looked down, not daring to say anything to him. Disbelief and hurt were the two things I was feeling right now. I waited for him to stop but he kept on throwing insults at me and I stood there hearing them all.

"You're unbelievable." I said and looked up. Tears on the verge of falling. Bending down I picked up the glass and the pills in my hand. Sara came and helped me too and I didn't look up again. I didn't care if he was still standing there or he went away. I was done.

Do you see now? This was why I told you to stay away from him. I'm sorry.

Whatever. I wasn't in the mood for anything. We went back to our room and I hopped into the shower. I tried washing away every thing that happened to me today. I know it was my fault but his insults were not justified at all. I cried in the shower and then changed into a sweat shirt and sweat pants. Manaal always said, you gotta be comfortable when you're sad. I smiled a little at her as I felt the need to cry again. What man, why did she have to get married. If she hadn't taken a leave for the whole shaadi and all, she would be here with me.

I told sara I was leaving and wrapping my shawl, I headed out.

"Where are you going?" Ali asked as he came outside his room too.

"I don't know. Out probably. " I said and began walking. I really wasn't in the mood to talk.

"Okay, wait up, I'm coming too!" He said and ran up to me.

"Ok sure." I replied and we walked in silence outside the hotel. My phone vibrated in my hand and I saw Manaal was calling. I texted her telling that I was out and will call her after a while.

We walked out to the river infront of the hotel and sat on the grass.

"So, you don't want to talk about it or do you?..." Ali trailed of as I shook my head at him.

"Hey look we all know Dr. Shehryar. He's just like that. We're so used to it. Don't take his insults to heart okay?" He said and I smiled.

"I know. But that doesn't mean his insults were justified. I know I did wrong but he could've scolded me like a normal, human being. He didn't have to go, ripping me to shreds." And my heart too. I said the last part in my head.

"Yeah there's that. I know he's wrong to have said so many hurtful things but do you know what?" He asked looking at me.

"You're strong. The strongest in our group. You know what's right and what's wrong. You help so many people and never ask for something in return. You're an amazing person. I'm so glad I met you. Also I know that all those insults were meaningless, because you my Annaya-" he said ruffling my hair "-are the Bravest of all. You're the strongest warrior I know! Now shall I command thee the knight of our kingdom?" He asked in an old, Irish accent and I laughed at his mimicking. I nodded and he took a nearby tree branch and knighted me. I took the sword, i.e, the tree branch and rose it in air like I was a knight on a horse.

We laughed and cracked a few more jokes but then Ahmed called him and told him 'he was stuck in a shirt' or something and he had to go help him. After bidding him farewell I layed down on the grass with closed eyes. My earphones plugged in and 'lovely' by billie played.

This song was one of my favorites. It always calmed me down and though right now it may not seem relatable but believe me, it's a beautiful song to listen to.

I opened my eyes and looked up at the sky. The stars shined as the moon peeked from behind the clouds and I felt elated. I smiled and closed my eyes again. After a few seconds I took a deep breath and opened them again, looking up at DR. SHEHRYAR???? WHAT?!?!

DUN DUN DUN ....
When did Dr. Shehryar become the sky? Hehehe just kidding. A more interesting chapter coming ahead. Also, how do you like the story so far? Let me know in the comments xx

-badkitten146