Better Together

Hey, loves! Jade here with a piece for this month's theme: Romance Awareness Month! Beware—major fluff ahead!

it do be like that

Word Count: 4,534

Enjoy. ;)

*   *   *

"What do you want to do on Saturday?" Chat asked, watching Marinette move about her work station (her desk) from the lounge chaise.

"Saturday?" Marinette queried distractedly, tongue poking out of her mouth as she searched through her plastic bins. "Saturday..."

Chat watched in amusement as her head popped up, an "oh!" escaping her mouth as her cheeks colored.

"Saturday," she said again, "right. I—I didn't forget—"

"It just slipped your mind," teased Chat, who pushed off of the chaise lounge and approached Marinette.

She leaned back against her desk, cheeks still dark when Chat stopped in front of her. "I was focused. It momentarily slipped my mind! I've been keeping a planner of ideas for a while now, though."

Chat hummed, releasing his transformation under his breath as he placed his hands on Marinette's hips. He smiled at her fondly before dipping his head to kiss her.

She rested her hands on his forearms, and the bracelet he'd made for her a year and a half ago brushed his skin. "I would never forget," she murmured earnestly against his lips, eyes glimmering happily.

His heart fluttered. "I wouldn't dream of it." He backed away before his mind could short-circuit (he never lasted long in close proximity to her). "What was our deal again? Half the day for your things, half the day for mine?"

Marinette nodded. "Yeah." She glared playfully at him. "I still can't believe you made me arm wrestle you for the evening slot; how was I supposed to beat you when you were transformed and I wasn't?"

Adrien grinned roguishly. "All is fair in love and war, my ladylove." He winked, lifting her hand and kissing her knuckles reverently.

"Nng," Marinette grumbled, flushing scarlet and pushing him away by the nose.

In retaliation, Adrien dodged her finger and dipped to kiss her jaw, chuckling when she jumped. "Do I make you nervous, my lady?"

He pulled back just far enough to see her wrinkle her nose, but the color hadn't left her cheeks. "Only as nervous as I make you," she retorted, using her finger to drag his chin up so his gaze met hers. She winked, and just like that, Adrien was lost.

"Damn you," he muttered warmly as his face met her collarbone, too embarrassed to lift his head and meet her gloating smile.

He departed two hours later with a final kiss from his girlfriend, who was still taunting him until he was no longer within hearing range.

Friday found Adrien zoning out in his classes. His mind was wandering to the itinerary he had put in place for the latter half of Saturday. Was it enough? Did he have everything he would need?

His hand itched to check his phone every few minutes just so he could go over his checklist for the umpteenth time.

At lunch, Alya had pulled him aside to query about his apprehensiveness.

"Marinette's worried about you," Alya scolded, crossing her arms over her chest. "What's on your mind?"

"Our one year anniversary," Adrien blurted, raking a hand through his mussed hair.