Two Halves of a Whole

Hey, loves! Jade here with a 10,000 word commission for Bookreader20003! This was a lot of fun to write, and I hope you like it, too. :D

Soooooo the main plot of this was supposed to be a yo-yo competition, but that's sort of turned into a bonus.

...Whoops?

Alys is not a typo, btw! It's a nickname pronounced "alls."

Word Count: 10,708

WARNING!
Spoilers from Season 2 ARE included in this commission. Tread lightly if you hope to avoid said spoilers.

Enjoy. ;)

*   *   *

Really, Marinette should have known better.

She should have guessed that this was coming (as it has been for the past two years).

But, like the fool she somehow manages to be from time to time, she let Alya slip past her defenses and build her case strong.

"Ladybug's going to compete this year, I know it!" she'd said. "I just want your support on this," she'd said. "Adrien said he wanted you to participate with us," she'd said.

Really, it was that last one that had gotten her to trip over her pathetic 'probably going to be busy with helping my parents man the bakery' tidbit. At the mere mention of Adrien's 'wanting her to be there,' she'd fallen all over herself in a puddle of goo and given in.

She really needs to control her stupid feelings! This stunt could have her discovered! Really, it's a miracle that Alya hasn't already figured out her identity.

She's not sure how far she'll be able to push it before the reporter finally does discover who's under Ladybug's mask.

Will she be mad at Marinette for not telling her? Marinette's only trying to keep her safe. If it wasn't her duty to shield her identity from the world, she would tell Alya in a heartbeat.

After all, the only thing Ladybug has on Marinette is all of Paris stalking her like she's some sort of celebrity or something.

And maybe a bit more grace.

Marinette slumps, pushing the straw in her smoothie around with a pout.

Alya and Adrien bicker back and forth from beside her and across the table. Probably about Ladybug. They both seem to be eerily passionate about her.

"Ladybug is the hottest girl in all of Paris!" Alya damn-near shouts, slamming her hand on the table and shaking the glasses.

Marinette sighs when Adrien throws his hands up. "She's not 'hot.' Her beauty is too delicate and gentle for such a harsh word!"

"The girl's a babe," Nino states with a shrug, seemingly in the same boat as Marinette; not giving a single shit about the argument. "She's got a fantastic form."

It takes everything out of Marinette not to blush at the compliment. She settles for tugging her thin flannel over herself, if only to cover up a bit more.

Adrien looks positively disgusted and mortified by Nino's blunt statement.

"What?" Nino shrugs. "Don't tell me you haven't been staring at the posters of her plastered all over the city. She's like a teenage boy heartthrob."

"And girl," Alya chips in. "I would be so far into her if I wasn't dating some nobody."

Nino sags at her jab, and she responds by kissing his ear.