Baby, You're a Firework

Hey, loves! Today (a month ago) I decided that I would be entering my favorite cousin, Hala's, 4th of July Challenge! Sorry it's so late! :(

Here's the hashtag: #halasfourthofjuly

On with the show! ;)

***

New York City. A grand place for a grand occasion, or so Marinette believes, anyway.

The bluenette is pressed against the thick glass, the only barrier between herself and the open sky above New York. Stars dance in her bluebell eyes as she ogles the sight of 'The Big Apple.'

"I've always wanted to go to New York!" she exclaims, turning to Alya with a grin so big and wide her cheeks begin to ache.

Alya laughs animatedly. "We come from the city of love, yet you obsess over some place in America?"

Marinette grumbles in response. She doesn't care much about what Alya thinks of New York; she's just a little crusty that she might miss Ladybug and Chat Noir for her blog.

I don't know about Chat Noir, but Ladybug is coming with you, Alys!

The plane buffers, and Marinette grips her seat. "I think we're gonna land soon!" she half-whispers, half-squeals.

"Dude! How are you sleeping...?" Marinette and Alya turn around to see Nino poking Adrien's cheek. Sleeping Adrien's cheek.

Adrien's head is lulled to the side, leaning on the window as small and almost inaudible snores escape his heavenly mouth.

Marinette wipes furiously at the gathering drool on her lip.

"He's probably done this a million times, Nino," Alya says, scrutinizing Adrien like he's a science experiment.

Nino cocks an eyebrow.

Alya rolls her eyes. "Hello? Pretty boy's a model! Travels around the world on weekends sometimes...?"

"Oh..." Nino looks back at Adrien who shifts in his sleep. "Should I wake him up?"

"No!" Marinette objects quickly. She coughs almost violently to cover her rosy cheeks before she clears her throat and speaks again. "I mean—he looks so peaceful..." Her eyelids droop into a familiar dream-like gaze, eyes glazed over as she stares at Adrien. Adoration shines in her eyes like the sun against the sea; bright, gleaming, and stunning in a glittery sort of way.

Marinette chooses to ignore the sly smirk Alya chucks at her from the corner of her eye.

The plane buffers once again, and the seatbelt signs above their seats light up. The speaker clicks on, and the voice of a flight attendant fills the compact plane of students and travelers.

"Mesdames et messieurs, veuillez boucler votre ceinture de sécurité parce que nous allons atterrir sous peu. Merci d'avoir volé avec Paris Airlines."

{Ladies and gentlemen, please buckle your seat-belts because we will be landing soon. Thank you for flying with Paris Airlines.}

Marinette complies to the given instructions, all too happy to be landing soon.

This class field trip is by far the best one we've gone on this year! I can't believe we were able to convince Mr. Damocles to let us raise money for this 'expedition' to learn more about American holidays!

With a great shudder, the plane skids down the paved runway and cruises into a nice glide. Marinette refrains herself from shrieking in excitement.