Courage

DJWifi one-shot (with a crap ton of Adrienette, lol). Post-reveal!

Enjoy :D

***

"Dude, I'm freakin' out."

"Relax, Nino! There's no way she's going to say no! You just... have to ask her."

Nino and Adrien peer around the corner. Alya and Marinette sit on a bench, laughing about something. Both Adrien and Nino sigh dreamily.

Nino suddenly shakes his head and jerks himself and Adrien back around the corner. "No way! I'm going to get too nervous and sound like a fool! Remember when I tried to ask Mari out?"

Adrien's eye twitches at the memory.

I can't believe I tried set my best friend and the love of my life up on a date.

"Oh, I remember," Adrien snaps. He clears his throat at Nino's expression. "S-sorry. I just feel stupid now. I can't believe I tried to set you up with Mari at some point." Her name sounds almost like a sigh.

Nino's expression morphs into a smirk, and he claps Adrien on the back. "No worries, my man. I'm not gonna steal your girlfriend."

They share a laugh before Adrien says, "I hope not. Now go get 'er—but not my her! Your her!" The blonde model shoves his friend out from behind the pillar and pushes the flabbergasted boy all the way up to the girls.

Both girls look up. Adrien meets Marinette's gaze and winks. She raises an eyebrow, a smirk playing at her lips.

"Hello, boys," Mari greets, that deliciously mischievous expression Adrien adores so much adorning her face.

His knees feel like jello under her heavy gaze.

"H-hey," Adrien stammers. He clears his throat before pushing Nino forward a bit more. "Nino has something to ask you, Alya."

Alya quirks an eyebrow in question as her gaze falls on Nino. His expression quickly morphs into one of horror. He looks from Adrien to Marinette, almost as if asking for assistance. Adrien shrugs unhelpfully.

With the clearing of his throat, Nino turns back to Alya who now looks more innocently curious than anything. "I-I was just wondering if... if—um, you, uh w-wanted t-to you know—I... um..." Nino's cheeks turn a steady scarlet, and he reaches back and scratches his neck.

Adrien's nervous gaze flips to Marinette. Her downcast expression falters, and Adrien can practically see the lightbulb flip on in her head.

That's my lady.

The blue-haired beauty winks at Adrien—whose heart flutters rapidly at the notion—and whispers in Alya's ear. Alya's expression turns from one of confusion and silent question to a mischievous smirk too much like that of her best friend's.

Slightly panicked by his girlfriend's actions, Adrien turns to look at Nino's horrified expression as Alya stands up and sashays towards him. She stops right in front of Nino and leans in towards his face, her smirk still intact. A deep red stains Nino's cheeks as he leans away only slightly. Alya places a single finger on Nino's chest.

"Hey, Nino?" she chimes musically.

Nino makes a muddled noise in the back of his throat.

"Do you want to catch dinner with me later?"

Astonishment and pride course through Adrien as he turns to look at Marinette. She stares at Nino and Alya, starry-eyed. After a moment or so, she makes eye-contact with Adrien. A dazzling smile captivates her face, and Adrien finds himself short of breath as his heart-rate increases to an insane pace.