Camp Miraculous 5

Hello, loves! Jade here once again with the fifth part of Camp Miraculous! Things are just starting to get interesting...

Sorry for the long wait! Had a lengthy to-do list before I could even think about starting this.

Word count: 1,844

Enjoy. ;)

* * *

If there's one thing that Marinette hates, it's waking up via nightmare.

Her eyes fly open, heart racing and tears blurring her hazy morning vision. She pushes herself up into a sitting position and blinks rapidly. A form in the next bunk over blinks at her, and for a moment, she panics.

Marinette sighs in relief when she squints and recognizes the eyes to be that of Carapace's. One of his eyebrows raise in question, but Marinette simply shakes her head.

She doesn't want to lay all of her secrets onto him.

Carapace then closes his eyes again and rolls over, probably to fall back asleep. Marinette exhales and reaches for her phone to check the time.

3:09 AM

She groans quietly and sets her phone back onto the small ledge protruding from the wall next to the head of her top bunk.

Chat Noir shuffles beneath her, and she forces herself to stand still. After another minute or so, he rolls over again, and Marinette lets her curiosity get the best of her.

She reaches for the mask sitting on the small ledge-made-beside-table and slides it on before peering over the side of her bunk to see Chat Noir below her.

He's sitting up, clearly awake but very hard to see in the pitch of black of night. The only thing Ladybug can clearly make out are his vivid green eyes widening at the sight of her silhouette.

"You're awake, too?" he queries, scrambling for the mask resting on a tiny side-table sitting next to his mattress.

Ladybug nods, then realizes he can't see her very well. "Yeah," she sighs, blowing a strand of hair out of her face.

Chat snaps the mask into place and pats the space next to him, scooting over. "Care to join me?"

"Hmm," Ladybug hums, vision blurring slightly as the blood rushing to her head starts to take affect, "alright."

She sits straight up, heat rushing to her head before gradually receding back into the rest of her body. Ladybug blinks once more before quietly crawling toward the ladder. She cringes when it creaks and hurriedly hops into the open space next to Chat Noir.

He chuckles quietly and leans back against the pillow. "So, what's keeping you from your beauty sleep, M'Lady? Not that you really need it."

Ladybug decides to just roll with the nickname and shrugs, ignoring his last flirtatious comment and looking down at her lap. "I don't know how to explain it. Just a nightmare, I guess."

"About?" Chat prods, his bright eyes burning holes into the side of Ladybug's head.

Ladybug shifts uncomfortably. "I'm not really comfortable with sharing."

"Aww," Chat drawls, bumping her shoulder with a grin, "you don't trust me?"

"It's not that," Ladybug laughs quietly, bumping him back, "I just don't think you'd be able to understand."

"Try me," Chat states, a challenge residing in his tone.

He grins cheekily when Ladybug sends him a flat look, and she cracks a smile.