Chapter 22 - Back Home

Start from the beginning

Kenny: Well, what are we waiting for?Go!Go!

Everyone except you,Lee and Kenny climb out the window.

Lee: Ben,come on, let's go!

The bell starts tolling. As it moves back and forth, the walker hanging from the bell swings towards Ben and grabs him.

You: Ben!

You draw your gun and shoot the walker. The rope around its neck snaps and it falls, taking Ben with it, but he manages to grab on to the edge. His hand slips but Lee is are able to grab onto it just in the nick of time.

Lee: I've got you Ben!

You: Ben climb up! You can do it!

Ben: There's no time left, you've got to go.

You: Don't be stupid.

Ben: Damn it, let go!

Walkers begin to come up and you draw your gun but are out of bullets.

You: They're closing in and I don't have any bullets.

Lee: Ben!

Ben: Get Y/N and the others out of here.

You: Ben get up here, now!

Ben: I'm sorry for what I did to Carley.

You: Stop!

You shout while knocking a walker down and stabbing it in the head.

Ben: I took her away from you but you want to give me a chance. You're a better person than me.

You: Lee pull him up!

Lee: I....I can't.

Ben: Y/N, take care of Clementine. You're the only kid around that she can talk and relate with.

Lee: Ben!

Ben: You did all you could, now go!

He gets his hand free from Lee's grip and he plummets to the bottom of the stairs.

Lee: Damn it!

The walkers are too many for you to take out, even with bullets and you and Lee get out as fast as possible. The group walks back to the house in silence, you lag behind everyone.

You (thoughts): I..I could have saved Ben. Even if I hated him for what he did. I..I

You feel an arm on your shoulder. You look up to see Molly.

Molly: I see you had a change of heart back there.

You: Huh?

Molly: You said you weren't in a rush to help, but you stayed behind to save him.

You: I didn't save him.

Molly: Still most people aren't like you. An example is him.

She points to Kenny who is ahead of everyone.

Molly: He was ready to leave Ben for dead after he found out what he did, you on the other hand thought about the situation before making your decision. That skill is going to come in handy in the future and you'll be able to live a lot longer.

You: What's the point of having it if I can't keep others safe.

You walk away from her and go ahead of the others. After some time you finally arrived at the house, as everyone is doing their own thing you go look for bullets in the house or anything that you can use to protect yourself from a distance. You find a gun hidden in then house and take it. You then notice that you're on your own.