Fourteen.

We were running through the stars
We were sitting in the garden
Bathe in the Euphrates, back to where we started
My heart fluttering for you, with no remedy
It's all pulling on my body like it's meant to be
You're my muse, watch all your moves
(I gotta see it through)
It's me and you

-P.

When Leigh arrived home, she found Mary seated with a cup of hot beverage with her eyes set on the screen in front of her, blinking repeatedly so sleep leaves her.

"Hey." She says walking over to her and sat at her opposite. Before aa)nswering Mary raised an eyebrow at her in curiosity, "Good morning." Poor girl had bags under her eyes and by the looks of it the mug on her hold isn't the first, she had a feeling she was about to get berated. "I don't even know what to say." Leigh started while Mary looked at her with bored and sleepy eyes. "Say anything in mind." Was her response.

"Anything?" Leigh asked while raking her eyes on her body, clearly the coffee isn't doing its intended work. Mary nodded in answer and said, "Yes, anything."

"Go to bed, we'll talk after you wake up... No?" She looked hesitant while she processed her statement, Leigh saw her mouth opening in protest but she ceased it, "Mar, please... It'll mean so much to me. Go get some sleep." With an eyeroll she closed her laptop without uttering another word, stood and poured her coffee in the zinc then walked up the stairs.

Minutes later, she followed suit to her own bedroom so she removes the tight dress clinging to her body like a second skin. Knowing that sleep will not come she distracted herself by cooking and baking, Mary loves food, well who doesn't anyway, so she figured maybe she'll appreciate the gesture and hopefully have mercy on her baffled mind... Doing all those things helped her cease pondering.

Lana Del Rey and Imagine Dragons switched turns on her radio as she prepared her best friend her favorite meal... Knowing Mary, she'll be swayed by the amount of food in front of her and she's going to eat till her stomach protests.

But what comes after is unknown..

Hours later after she had finished everything, she was on the couch reading a novel when she heard footsteps descending down the short flight of stairs to the kitchen... She dared not to look, the chapter she was on had her entranced... So she waited till Mary came to her and closed her book to look at her, her mouth was stuffed already.

"You knew!" She pointed at her by the fork she's using to eat. "You are the best," She said while she chewed. "Tell me while I eat." At first, Leigh's face scrunched at the incoherent words from Mary's mouth.

"That's wrong though." Leigh said. Mary vigorously shook her head in denial, she could sense Leigh trying to avoid the topic she knew was coming. "You're talking, I'm not"

"Okay..." She closed her book and crossed her legs. "I don't remember much... I don't remember anything actually, you got me too drunk."

Realization seemed to struck Mary and she couldn't help but grimace her  mind's able to recite all that occurred coherently! "I remember waking up in his house in a shirt..." She uttered what her mind offered. "You're lying."

"I'm not." Mary nodded and urged her to continue by bobbing her head. "We had breakfast and after you called we kissed and I'm here."

"Oh... That's g, wait, what?"

"Not a big deal." She replied stuffing a muffin in her mouth to distract her lips... Mary looked at the blush spreading on her cheeks and that's when she realized that Leigh's thinking about it and she liked it. "You're blushing." Even though she could feel her cheeks warming she still shook her head in reply while chewing. "Oh my God! You loved it, you're thinking about it!" Words left her and she felt like her throat was constricted, her mouth was sealed but she was almost sure tears were about to run down her face any minute.