Ten.

"I'm a wanderess
I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city
Don't belong to no man
I'm the violence in the pouring rain
I'm a hurricane."

-Hurricane.

"I remember my graduation, it was so lit!" Mary coos, reminiscing of the wild night she graduated as they searched for dresses. "You didn't even last thirty minutes sober. I bet you don't remember what happened." Leigh replied, recalling the day she spent twelve hours babysitting her best friend.

Mary turned back and saw Leigh's attention elsewhere and asked, "What's gotten into you?"

"I don't know... I just feel unusually down."

"Like something bad's gonna happen kinda down?" Mary inquires earning Leigh's shrug. She didn't want to think too much about it, a lot of bad things have happened. Whatever the universe wants to throw at her path won't be as terrible as the obstacles she went past during her teen years.

Leigh's foul mood was bothering Mary, weighed with the fact that she also doesn't want to tell her what's nagging her. However she did try to throw in jokes where applicable to cease the dull mood.

"How about this one? It's short, shows your boobs and hides-" Leigh abruptly turns, looking at the short dress Mary has on her hold and goodness, she wanted to take that little shirt and burn it, along with the rest of its ilk. She gave her a look questioning whether one not she's serious.

"I'm kidding." She laughs sarcastically, setting it where it was. "It's a graduation ceremony, not a bachelorette party."

Three pm. Five stores but they still haven't found a suitable dress to Leigh's liking. Mary complained, earning a mouthful from Leigh as she reminded her of her own graduation. Her shopping spree took the entire day.

"I thought about it and guess what, it remained incoherent. I'm a freaking genius when it comes to computers but that was exhausting. It took me an hour to actually-"

Leigh was not listening to her friend's complaints about a certain model of computer. Instead she cut her off.

"Mar, do you think I'm too much? I know I've asked this more than once but I need you to be honest with me."

Mary was taken aback, she completely came to a halt from her sudden words. Of course Leigh didn't dare turn to see Mary's expression. Instead she continued trying on shoes.

Expecting Mary to chase her around the shop for asking her that, she received something else. A curt "No." Which she was sure that if she was to turn, she'll be greeted with her smile.

And that's exactly what she did. She turned, and saw a sincere smile playing on her lips. "And I'm not going anywhere," She adds. "So you better keep that carved in your brain. I will still love you, even when you've got nothing but your aching soul." Right there, in front of everyone she hugged her best friend. Appreciating her generous words and support. She heard a click of a camera and saw a stranger, taking multiple pictures of them but said nothing.

She whispered to Mary's ear and said, "When I'm with you, I'm standing with an army." 

It was true, since this entire scandal with Zachary began, Mary has been her anchor. Even before this, Mary has always been there. She thought she'll turn astray after this one but she's still here. A lot of depressing things have happened in her life but she's still around supporting her and quoting her favourite songs, plus sleeping over at her place.