Twelve.

It's like I'm drowning at sea, hoping that you reach for me
I know you're there but I can't see, coz I'm so drunk of tragic endings.

-Tragic Endings.

"I'm proud of you future Doctor." Mary spoke happily as they entered Leigh's apartment. She finally made it, she's a graduate, a future doctor... That thought was pleasing, to know that all her hard work has finally paid off, the hard work that was a goad to my break up though, the thought sprung in her mind.

"You know what, you should come to the club to celebrate tonight, I know for a fact it's gonna be PACKED!"

Leigh loves alcohol, but after the events of tonight, the disappointment that engulfed her after her name was called, she'd prefer her own company... Just being away from people so she shook her head.

"Free booze." Mary pressed.

"God, you're so-" She sucked in a breath while rolling her eyes and Mary knew she had won. "Fine." A vibration caused her to withdraw her attention from Maryanne.

A message among many others which said:

Congratulations future MD. You deserve it and more.

Love Daniel.

A small smile graced her face as she read... However it disappeared as lithe as it appeared, months ago they had the exact to do list but right now they're not even seeing eye to eye, over a lie.

"You need to just, forget about all the things troubling you."

"Trouble follows me."

"I miss the old you, don't get me wrong you're still fun but let's have fun... There's more to life than just love."

"It's not that easy."

"I know Lei... I know." At her words, Leigh swallowed hard, hoping that she didn't open fresh wounds.

"Nothing is easy, especially forgetting the one person you loved the most, but the first step is TRYING to ease."

"Don't get me wrong, I know we both have our own demons but we're going through different shit!" She told Mary, slightly frustrated. "Yes, that's why G-eazy said, or that girl on his song said, Ever seen a devil with a halo? Ever seen an angel with some horns? Everybody's got their own demons, everybody's fighting their own war. But ain't the lesson the same?"

"No." Leigh said grimacing making Mary snap at her slightly mad. "Did you just cut me off from my speech?" She feigned hurt, looking at her. "What are you on about now, you asked me a question and I answered... Simple."