|• chapter - 16 •|

Start from the beginning

"Hi, what can I get you?" The lady at the counter spoke. I looked around at the posters thinking what to get.

"Um the strongest ones?" I guessed and she laughed waving around spitting out names.

"I uh–"

"2 gaviña macchiato's and 2 chocolate with sprinkles donuts. Also add a bagel too." Somebody said.

"Hey–" I said but my mouth closed when I saw it was Dr. Shehryar who had ordered that. Now that he was so close, I could see he was taller than me, not much but a little. And that he smelt nice. Very nice. Anything else you're yet to discover annaya?

"What are you–"

"20.48 for you sir, here." The woman said handing him his bag.

"Thank you." He replied and started walking away. I shook my head and looked at the boards once again and finally ordered a latte, the only coffee I liked and knew about.

"Here you go love." The woman handed me my order and I walked away thinking, who's the second cup of coffee for?

●●●

Soon enough the boardings started and everybody began settling in the plane. My heart was beating so loudly that for a second I thought it will jump out of my mouth and run out. The way I want to right now. Sara and Ahmed were sitting together while Ali was sitting in the middle column between two other people. I laughed a little when I saw his face. He really should've exchanged with Sara. I finally looked at my ticket and tried finding my seat which I eventually found after almost tripping and bumping a few times with other passengers.

Upon finding my seat I kept my bag in the upper compartment with great difficulty.  The seat beside me was still empty and I hoped somebody good would sit here so that my dreadful flight may go easy but those hope's drowned the second I saw Dr. Shehryar sitting on it.

I should've taken the outside seat so that I could quickly run but no, I had to take the inside one because I'm dumb.

He looked at me as I looked at him and he didn't seem much bothered by the fact that he was sitting with me, a.k.a, a dumb, deaf and scared of planes type of  person. Wow I'll be great entertainment to him. Why Allah? Why did I have to be stuck in unwanted situations like these?

"Please put on your seatbelts and turn of all electronic devices as we are preparing to take off. "

I turned my phone of and closed my eyes because I couldn't bear to see me make a fool of myself. Slowly, my breathing started getting uneven as my eyes filled with tears.

It's going to be okay–

"Look at me annaya." Dr.Shehryar spoke so gently. I opened my eyes as a few tears escaped down.

"You'll be okay." He said again as more tears fell and I tightly gripped the soft handle with my hands as if my life depended on it.

"I'm-I- I'm sorry. I'm scared." I almost whispered, ashamed of myself for being such a cry baby.

He moved my sleeve up a little and started drawing a circle type of thing. "Now I want you to look at me, only. Just keep looking at me and breathe....ok?" He said.