Chapter 28: The Man Behind The Shadows... Well Sort Off

This isn't edited.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 28

Lexi's POV

Alexis's funeral was three days ago. The pack mourned over her death. Even the people who disliked her. We buried her beside the lake. Macy thought it was the right thing to do. Jay was neutral throughout the entire thing. I didn't know how he was feeling or how he was supposed to be feeling. Macy and Jack mourned with us but left after to talk to talk to other relatives in other states. I stood in the doorway of the bedroom, watching Jay put his shirt over his head. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him. He turned around and kissed my forehead.

"Hi" I whispered softly, gently stroking his face. His eyes look as if they have lost a shade of blue. It’s feels like if you stare into them you’ll down. The pack is supposed to resume finding and destroying the person behind the shadows who is complete coward, if I do say so myself. I closed my eyes and burrowed my face in his chest, my arm tighten around his waist. What going to us happen after we kill the ‘person behind the shadows’. Is everything going to go back to the way it was?  I felt my chin move up and looked straight into Jay’s line of vision .My chin was clasped between Jay’s thumb and bent forefinger. I felt tears welling up in the back of my eyes.

“What going on in that pretty little head of yours?” His voice was caring and sweet. What would I do if you weren’t here, Jay? To protect me? To protect the pack? To love me?

“I’m just thinking what happens if we don’t find this person? Will I always be a danger to you? Am I always going to get people that I care about kidnapped or killed. Why don’t you hate you me? I’m on verge of destroying your pack because of someone who has had this bloody agenda against me. If I were you anybody else, I would kicked me out and make me stop being a threat to you all. Why can’t you see that?”

“If I were anybody else. If. But I’m not. I’m your mate, your best friend. The person you lean on when times get tough. The person you pick fights with, hoping that they care enough get over their ego and hopefully in a few months or years, your husband. So stop this crazy talk, okay? I’m not going to leave your side because if something happens to you, I will die of heartbreak. If people want to leave this pack, they can go. I don’t care. This pack is nothing if you aren’t here ruling beside me. I should off said this a long time ago, but I love you so much kitten. I’ll never love another the same as I love you”

Now tears were streaming down my face. He had professed his love to me. He let go my face as I cupped his face.

“I love you too, my handsome alpha” And then he brushed his lips softly over mine. I wrapped my arms his neck and pulled him closer.

“Guys we need you downstairs. We found something that may help us” Rose said walking in as we just broke the kiss, Rose face was a little pale, her eyes were puffy and her nose was red from all the crying that she has done. I heard her and Tyler talk about what they should do after everything ends. Tyler suggest that they move in town and have a future together. I followed Jay downstairs and sat on the couch in front of everyone. Steve stood up and handed Jay a letter.

“We found this while we were cleaning out her room” Steve explained “It’s addressed to the both of you”

-A few hours later –

We stood in front of a warehouse, which was located a little east of the town’s boarder. The dark sky loomed over us and the moon bright light guided us to the front.

“You’re telling me that all we had to do was walk east 5 km from our boarder and we would of found this bastard” Steve said growling. He was pissed off that it was this easy to find him but it took us so long.

“I guess this explain how Alexis was able to get here and back home so easily without getting caught”: Rose said. We walked into the warehouse unarmed. Technically we weren’t unarmed. We had our claws and teeth as weapons. He knew we were here. He’s an idiot if he didn’t. All around us was black expect a light coming from a room located at the end of the hallway. Freddie walked in front of me and unlocked the door. The door creaked opened and we all step up. A man in a wheelchair swirled around and faced us, smiling evilly.

“Thomas?” Freddie asked. The man in the wheelchair had light blonde hair and he was wearing his pjs. Half his face scared. Burnt. He looked like Two Face from Batman.   

“You two know each other?” I asked Freddie who on my right. Jay was on my left. My parents were behind us and hunters and wolves scattered the warehouse.

I stutter. “You’re telling me that you had the idea of this attacking me and everyone I care about since I was 8, but never initiated with it until I met my mate and was vulnerable?”

“Yeah, that about it” he said, snickering.

“And you placed my friends in a dungeon at my birth parents pack, so I would hate them?”

“Yes” he croaked out. Jay had pushed him against a wall and as shutting his air supply off. I grabbed Jay’s arm and the man dropped back in his chair, unmoved.

“And you’re telling me that Alexis was your mate. Oh Jesus. Now I understand why you too work so well together. I mean come on! Your both vindictive, ruthless cowards. But was she was something that you weren’t”

“And what’s that?”

“Helpful” I said walking up to him and crouching to look him in eyes. I shoved the letter in his lap. “This outline everything that you guys have been working on together since she met you.”

I watched as he scanned through it and started laughing.

“She didn’t write everything down in this letter”

“And what’s that?” I asked, lifting my eyebrow up.

“Alexis isn’t my mate. She’s my godamm daughter”

“Oh for fucks sake. When can this stop have so many twists and turns?”

“I thought my father had an affair with her mother and that’s how she was conceived” Jay asked

“Your father lied. We struck up a deal when Alexis was born to have it look as if Alexis was his”

“Why?” I asked. Nothing made sense.

“Oh there is another thing that she didn’t you guys in that letter”

“I’m not the so called man behind the shadows”

“Then who is?” I asked

“I am” a voice said from the behind the shadows.

So it’s not a man behind the shadows. It’s a woman. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________