Chapter 5: Alone

Hey guys, I'M BACK AND IT'S THURSDAY AND I GET TO UPLOAD ANOTHER CHAPTER FOR ALL YOU WONDERFULL READERS OUT THERE. Before I let you read it, i just wanted to apologise for not being there for the last two weeks.  For the first week you can blame my editor, she was supposed to edit it sooner, but we are all busy these days. Love you E :) The second week, I was on a vaction as you guys were told and unfortunatly there was no wifi. I know right. Like what place doesn't have wifi? Anyways on with the story.

(Editor note: Hey guys! For once, I am not late on the editing :) I would have posted the fully edited version EARLIER, but I got my days mixed up. Also, I was busy marathoning Korean melodramas. Well, that's it from me! E.)

_____________________________

~Alone~

“Here you go, sweetie,” Bonnie, the receptionist of the motel said, as she handed me my coffee. I took the sugar bowl and poured sugar into my cup.

She sat down beside me, looked at me weirdly, and then took a sip of her own coffee. “So she still isn’t taking to you?” she asked, placing her coffee on the table. Looking down at the table, I picked my cup up and sighed.

“Snow hasn’t talked to me since I walked away from Jay. I can sense that she has been trying to contact Jay’s wolf, Christian, but can’t for obvious reasons,” I said as I looked into her eyes.  “I’ve been in contact with Rose and she’s has been keeping me updated on everything that’s been happening with him.”

“But why would you want to be informed about him you were the one that walked away. You are the future Luna of the Black Rose pack. Right now, you’re just a rogue with nowhere to go and the only thing that’s keeping you here is your mate which, apparently, you don’t want anything to do with. So what if he has made out with that slut? I thought the all point of meeting your mate was to fall in love and build a life together, forgetting about what happened in the past, isn’t it?”

“I know it is. I left my pack because of stuff that happened which hurt me in more ways than one. I have this way of building trust between myself and another person. They have to pass this sort of criteria before I can let myself trust them. It’s stupid. I know, but it separates the people from loving and then leaving me”

“What about me?” Bonnie asked me. I took a moment to study her. Her brown hair was tied in a bun with her bangs falling towards her face. She had no makeup on, but she looked beautiful for her age. I guess what they say is true; a natural face is more beautiful than one with makeup caked on. Her husband was the pack warrior and they had two kids, Amery and Luca. She worked at the motel because her mother had given her the business, or better yet, what was left of it.

“I’m still here, aren’t I?”​ I said.

“Has Jay mind linked you yet?” she asked me, downing the rest of her coffee, and then placing the cup back on the table.

“Every night, he mind links me and keeps saying, ‘Come home kitten, I can’t do this without you’” I told her. I looked at my phone, then stood up, “Thank you for the coffee, and the past couple of weeks. Especially the upgrade on my room.” I said, smiling at her.

“Anything for you, Luna,” Bonnie said as she called the waitress over to our table paid for the coffee. I insisted on paying, but she refused to accept. We walked out of the coffee shops and walked back to the motel. We departed and I headed towards my room. I opened the door and stepped inside. I closed the door and sighed while leaning on it.

“Where the hell have you been?” asked someone from my room. I jumped, then scrambled to on the light and sighed. Sitting on the bed, cross legged, was Rose, who was apparently reading what looked like the newest edition of ‘Vogue” magazine.

“What the hell, Rose? You almost gave me a heart attack. What are you doing here?” I asked as I walked over to the bedside table and placed my phone down. I went and sat down on the bed next to her, but she just sat there flicking though the pages.

“What are you doing here? I thought we would only contact each other though mind link?” I asked her as I noticed her staring at ad on one of the pages’.

“Jay needs you,” she said, looking at me with tears in her eyes, “I know it’s been three weeks, but he’s hurting. Christian’s hurting. Everyone’s hurting because you aren’t there. He’s been smashing everything and blaming everyone. Can you just forget whatever happened between you guys, please? My dad is being a complete dick telling everyone that Jay’s never deserved the Alpha title. He wants to fight Jay to get it back.”

I looked at her with surprised eyes. “Why would your dad want the Alpha title again? I thought because he was the former Alpha, he couldn’t regain the title as Alpha.”

”Unfortunately, anyone who is stupid enough challenges an Alpha to a fight and loses dies. If Jay loses the title as Alpha, he is banished from the pack and knowing dad that would make all his dreams come true. However, if Jay wins, he must kill Dad which would, in turn, make all of his dreams come true. Before you ask why they hate each other, I don’t know. It all started when Jay got the Alpha title from dad.”

I sighed, stood up, and paced the room. Rose returned back to her magazine. After a few minutes I made up my mind.

“Let’s go.” Rose looked at me with an astonished eye. She jumped off the bed and hugged me, spinning me around.

“Okay,” she said, as we walked out of the room and into the forest. The trees were exactly the same. Everything was exactly the same. I looked at Rose, who was a couple of steps ahead of me. We were about five minutes away from the pack house. Arriving at the pack house, everyone looked at me like I was alien. I don’t blame them though. I’m the reason that their Alpha is acting like a complete dickhead. Well, more than usual.

I walked into the pack house and saw Aiden, Aaron, Cassie, and Smile-less Steve sitting on the couch, talking. Aiden looked up smiling, and came up to face me.

“God, I have missed you,” said Aiden. He came up to me and hugged me. “Hey Shaggy,” I said as I ruffed his hair. Next came Cassie. I had never seen her before, but god was she beautiful. Her slick black hair cascaded her back and her blue eyes had shone against her pale skin. She looked at me hesitantly, but came up to me and gave me a hug.

“I’m Lexi and I take that you’re Cassie,” I asked. She nodded shyly and went back into Aaron arms. I watched as he enveloped her and kissed her forehead. I turned to Smile-less Steve and gave him a smile. He just glared at me. I kept smiling waiting for him to smile back.

“Come on, Smile-less Steve. I want to change that nickname to Smiling Steve” I said as I kept on smiling. He looked at me and sighed, “Fine," he said and tried smiling. I remember the first time he smiled and shuddered.

“Never do that again, unless you want to scare kids for Halloween” I said chuckling. He opened his arms for a hug. Heat radiated from him.

“I guess he really is a teddy bear” I thought. I heard Steve growl and chuckled.

“What the hell is going on here,” said a voice behind me. I turned around and gasped. Jay. His hair was ruffed up. He had bags under his eyes and it looked like he hasn’t shaven in a while. Well, it’s been three weeks. Tears were forming in my eyes I felt that sudden urge to go leap into his arms, but I restrained myself. 

“Hi, Jay,” I said, acting mildly happy.

“Kitten.”

_____________________________

So, that is the end of Chapter 5. I apologise for the shortness. What do think Jay's reaction is going to be? Comment on what you think it is.

(EN: Anyone else want to join my club for hating Jay? No? Ok....)

On the side: Human by Christina Perri. Amazing song

Have an amazing week as always.

Jess xx