Chapter 12: Daddy Arrives

Afternoon guys. I'm in the middle of English and we are watching a movie but I so wanted to update first before actually paying attention. This is going to be a short A/N. Hope you like this chapter :) <3

_______________________________________________________________________

~ Daddy Arrives ~

Today is Friday. A lot has happened in a week’s time. Jay is recovering at home, walking, talking and being an alpha. Everyone is happy to have him back and well. I’ve been distant; avoiding kisses and hugs things like that. The Midnight Cove pack is coming at 12 and I’m fucking nervous, pissed and sad. I’m making breakfast for the pack. It’s something that I’ve been doing since Jay got back. Getting up early, avoiding, doing other things. You know the usual before your old pack comes to your new one.  I opened the waffle iron to check the waffles and they were ready. I placed them onto a plates and made a batch. I turned my back for a second and looked back and they were gone.

“Who the fuck took the waffles?” I yelled though out the house. I sighed knowing no one was going to own up. It’s like having 5 year old run around the house constantly.

“Why the hell are you yelling? It’s like 6 in the morning,” Jay asked as he came down the stairs, rubbing sleep from his eyes. Whoops. Guess I woke him from his sleep.

“I was making breakfast and someone took the waffles off the plate,” I said pointing at the empty plate.

“So you decided to wake the whole house?” he asked in an angry tone. Geez, back off.

“Look I’m sorry, okay. I’m sorry that I can’t do anything nice without questioned for it,” I said as I walked past him. He grabbed my elbow and brought me back in front of him. He brought his hands to my face and made me look at him. I stiffened then relaxed.

“Kitten what’s going on?” Jay asked, "Lately you have been avoiding me”

“It’s nothing, I’m just nervous.”

“For the ceremony?” Oh right. Jay being Jay decided to make the day my father's pack comes over the day I get initiated into the Blood Rose. Wonder how that’s going to go down.     

~Flashback~

I jumped out of his embrace. Rose had left feeling the tension in the room and not wanting to get involved. 

“What do you mean that the Midnight Cove pack is coming here?” I asked pleading that I was hearing things. Please.

“They are staying with us for a few days while myself and Freddie sort some business out,” he said sitting up on the bed.

“Like what?” I asked, needing to get as much information as possible, "you just woke up from a two week coma and your making business plans already. You’re not ready to leave the hospital let alone invite people over. Plus your memory is even hazy.”

"Nothing that concerns you, kitten. Richard said I would be fine by next week. All I need you do to is to play host for a couple of days,” he said before thinking.

“Is that all I am, A host. I thought we knew each other better than that.”

"Apparently not,” he muttered. I gasp.

"Kitten, I didn’t mean it,” he said with pleading eyes. I sighed. He’s in the hospital. He isn’t thinking straight.

“Do I have to be, you know, when they arrive?” I asked, hoping he would give me a no.