Chapter 19: And Just When Things Were Looking Up...

This isn't edited :)

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 19

Lexi POV

I stood in Jay office dumbstruck as Aaron stood there awkwardly rolling on each foot.

“Repeat that again. Very slowly. Word for word slowly” Jay said as he stood up from his desk and started pacing back and forth.

“Your-father-helped-Jay’s father-escaped-from-the cellars-last-night” Aaron said rolling his eyes.

In an instant, Jay had Aaron against a wall by his neck.“Don’t you dare roll your eyes at me, you mutt”. I quickly walked over to the two men. I placed my hands on Jay’s tense shoulder and felt it relax in a few seconds. He unclenched his hands and Aaron dropped. He dropped his hand down to Aaron line of vision. Aaron clasped his hand to Jay’s and let him lift himself of the ground. Jay mumbles sorry as Aaron walked out of the room. Jay stood there effortlessly, his head hanging low, his arms dropped at his side. I walked over to him and hugged him from behind. I kissed his spine. He groaned and his body went stiff. I let go of my arms loosely and he turned around in my arms. He placed a soft kiss on my lips.

“Thank you” he said as he kissed once more. He then proceed to walk behind to his desk. I heard a drawer open and then seconds later close. In seconds, he was in front of me. Ever so quietly he whispered,

“Close your eyes”

Involuntary, my eyes closed. I felt him reach down to clasp my palm with his. He placed an item in my hand. I opened my eyes and looked at it weirdly. It was box with a ribbon tied around it. I looked at him with a questioning look. He just smiled. I untied the ribbon and let it cascade in my palm. I open the box and let out a little gasp. Words couldn’t describe the feeling of looking at the object in front of me. It was a moon and a wolf howling at it. Jay picked up the necklace and ordered me to turn around. I picked up my hair into a ponytail and let Jay fasten around my neck. It’s dangled around my neck. Jay wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his hands over mine. He then proceeded to take something else out of the box, which I hadn’t seen before. It’s was folded piece of paper, which looked like it had been a couple of years old. I looked at him as he unfolded the paper and placed it in my line of vision. I looked back at the paper and him. The curly handwriting floored the paper as I began reading.

‘Dear my son mate,

This is a little awkward to say the least. If Jay has given you the beautiful necklace which now cascades around your neck, welcome to the family. Also, if your reading this, it mean I’ve have passed away and I’m a memory in his life. This was the last thing that I gave Jay before I passed away. I take it how you’re wondering how I knew I was going to die. I was a white wolf and we have those special little powers in us which you will learn too in the near future. One of those powers if learned when and how you’re going to die. I hated leaving Jay like this, but it had to be done.

My son is a lot of things as you may have seen. He’s arrogant, self-centered (some of the time), jealous, but then he is protective, kind, sweet and an absolute angel. I hope he shows you these things eventually, but promise me this one thing. No matter, how many times, he cheats, walks away, fights with you. Don’t leave him. He has had too many people leave him. I promise you it’s will be worth it.”

-Penny

I was so absorbed with reading the letter, I hadn’t notice that Jay had slipped out my embrace. I began walked around the house, trying to find him, when he mind-linked me

“Kitten, I know how careless how can be, but you walked passed me. I’m outside on the pagoda” I sighed and walked outside out onto the pagoda and saw him leaning against one of beams which held up the roof. He turned around as he heard my footsteps echoing down the corridor. As soon as I was in gear range, he asked,

“So you read it?” he asked as I placed the folded paper in his palm. He placed it in his pocket and then took my hands and placed them between us. I nodded as he sighed. Had his mother been right about all that she had said in the letter? Was he be would staying for? But then again, if either of us leave then it will  cause our wolf eternal misery and they will feel like killing themselves and then that will make us feel like killing ourselves and right now, today I don’t feel like killing myself. I looked at Jay as he started chuckling.

“Really? Starting to think about what would happen if either of us left?”Stupid mate mid link power

“I know it’s stupid, but you know me, I have so much baggage, now that the fact that my fucking father had helped you father out of a cell which I thought he had finally and hopefully died is alive and on the run and I was so hoping he was dead and now would the time for you to I don’t know, kiss me or something because I am running out of breath real fast”

“I love you” Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell that was unexpected. I look at him a in a way. Like I want to know if he’s telling the truth, like if he going to say it and then regret tonight. He looks back at me with a hopeful look. Well Jay, I hate to break it to you, but

“I love you too”

Before Jay could reply, two shadows emerged from the forest line.

“Well isn’t that sweet, I’ve always been a sucker for romance, isn’t that right, little daughter. Especially when your moans could be heard from the pack house when the lovely Logan penetrated you”

_____________________________________________________________________________

VOTE!

COMMENT!

FOLLOW ME! 

All on your way out

Happy Thursdays 

Jess xx