Chapter 18: Forgiveness

Hi everyone. I have someone amazing news today. It's my birthday !!! If any of yous can guess how old i'm turning, ill give you all a shoutout in the next chapter :)))). I've almost hit 3000 reads. HOLY SHIT. Everyone give themselves an virtual pat on the back. I'm proud of myself and you guys. Have fun reading the next chapter. This isn't edited. Without further ado (not sure if i even spelt it right) .....

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

Lexi POV

A cold breeze tingled up my spine as I rolled over expecting to be enveloped in my warm heater.

Nothing

I stretched my arm and started patting the space next to me. Jay's side of the bed was cold. I lifted my head of my pillow and turned around and looked at the blinking alarm clock.

3:07am

I groaned and plopped myself back on the pillow. My heart started racing and I could hear footsteps coming from downstairs. Who the hell would be up at this time of the morning? Sighing, I got up and dragged my feet onto the floor. Instantly regretting it, as the coldness of the rushed up my feet and into my shins. I took a deep breath and stretched my arms and grabbed my ugg boots and put them on. I heard the door slam and heavy footsteps come up the staircase, two by two. I open the bedroom door and step out into a fumed Rose.

"Did you tell Jay?" She was pissed. Her crinkled forehead, red eyes and pink checks gave it away. But I had no idea what she meant.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I placed my hands in my hoddie to keep warm.

"About Ty"

"I have said nothing to Jay about Tyler." I said with pleading eyes"Why? What happened?"

"He ambushed us at the lake tonight. He threatened to kill Tyler if he ever came into our lands without his permission. He knows that we are mates."

"Where is he?" I asked I said as I walked down the rest of the stairs.

"Where do you think?" she said in disbelief. What the hell was he thinking? God dammit. Downstairs was a ghost town. Dead. Silent. Only Jay and mine breathing mingled in the silent air. I walked past the kitchen and saw light come from under the door from 'Alpha Room'. I gently pushed the door opened and sighed inwardly. Jay was sitting on the couch shirtless, trying to dress his wounds on his knuckles. I closed the door with the back of foot and walked up to him and dropped down on my knees. I took the bandage from his hands and started wrapping his bloody knuckles.

"Why aren't you healing?" I asked examining his wounds. Not too deep.

"That fuckprick swiped my knuckles with blades laced with silver"

"His name is Tyler, Jay"

"Well, I'm going to stick with fuckprick" he hissed as I padded some alcohol onto his knuckles.

"What did you do to him?" I asked hoping to get some information out of him.

"I clawed a few parts of his body until I heard my sister wailing and screaming for me to stop. So I did and then I told him to never step foot in my territory again or these claws will be going through his neck next time"

I looked at him with disgust." What the hell is wrong with you? So next time, your sister goes out with him, what are you doing to do, huh? You can't kept them apart! You know how hard it is for a mate to cope without its other half. Look at us. Look what happened between us. And we still can't resolve problems without throwing words each other. You want me to be a part of this pack, but I don't get any word or choice in the decisions you make for this pack. Your pack is supposed to look at us with pride and respect, but we can't even respect each other" I yelled, jabbing my finger into his chest

"Are you done?" he said not looking at me.

"No, I'm not. Look I know how your sister felt when she lost Stefan, my dad was the exact same with my mother. But you know that you can't keep mates apart. No matter-"

"You knew." I looked at him with wide eyes. Shit" You knew this entire time and you didn't tell me?" He yelled. His eyes turning black instantly. I dropped the bandage which I was holding and stood up. He stood up as well.

"Rose didn't want me to tell anyone okay? I had to respect her decision. Even if I thought it was the wrong one"

"I don't care, when something like this happens to anyone, I want to know. Especially if it happens to my baby sister. I don't need you keeping it from me"

"Why can't you trust me to make the right decision? I yelled back

"Look at all the times when someone has trusted you, okay?"

"That's isn't fair. Okay I was going through a really tough time"

"Is that what your say every time? Oh, sorry I made the wrong decision I was going through a really tough time" he said imitating me

"Why do you have to be such a prick? You wanna hurt me? Guess what? You're hurting me. I betcha wolf loves you now. What do I have to do to prove to you that I'm not going anywhere? I get it. People leave. That doesn't mean I'm going to. You can throw your words and threats at me, but I'm not leaving"

"Why are you so persistent on fixing me? I'm unfixable"

My felt my heart drop and shatter into pieces. I walked over to him. I enveloped his defeated state in my arms and whispered

"You are not unfixable, okay" I felt as he slowly gathered me in his arm "Can we just not fight anymore. Anything you need to tell me, you'll tell me okay. No more secrets"  

_____________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this week. Happy Thursday (as my English teacher says)

VOTE

COMMENT

ADD ME 

ON YOUR WAY OUT 

Jess xx