Chapter 24: Darkness in the Shadows

I apologised for the really weird chapter title. It was a sudden thing. This isn't edited :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 24

Rose’s POV

The metal plate sliding against the concrete floor startled me awake. The greyish black wall were the first thing I saw when I slowly opened my eyes. No light was coming from the small cell window, indicating it was night time. My hands were dirty as I craned a finger to grab the plate which was a couple of centimetres away from me. The man then proceed to push a cup of water in my direction. The water sloshed around the cup when it was near the plate. Managing to get the plate near me, I looked at it contents. A small slice of meat and a ration of bread. Breaking the bread in half, I placed the other half on the plate and did the small with the bread. I drank half the water and waited. Tyler had been taken from the cell, while they were serving us breakfast which wasn’t much. All I could was wait for him to return.

The metal door opening woke me up the second time as I heard a body being thrown on the ground and a loud grunt. Blood pulsed through my veins as I cracked an eye open and sighed. I got on my knees, my energy being restored a little bit by the food and restless amounts of sleep, and crawled over to the man who laid of the ground. Once I reached him, I pushed myself so I was towering the man. I used my fingers to brush his hair away from his eyes. His eyes slowly flutter opened and I could see his lip turn into a smile.

“H-H-Hey lupacchiotto” Tyler said as I backed himself to the wall, so he could make himself sit up. While he was doing that, I crawled over to where I had placed the remaining ration of meat and bread. I brought a little piece of meat to Ty’s mouth and he swallowed it. After feeding the remaining portion of food and drinking water between each mouthful. I slid the plate away from me and rested my head on his shoulder.

“Are you going to tell me what they did to you?” I asked softly. He brought his fingers to my hair and started playing with the ends of it. He grunted quietly which automatically told me to drop it.  

“Tell me at least what they asked you or something. You had been gone for hours and I’ve been worried for hours. This is the second day since they moved us. In total we have been gone a week. I could so use a hot shower right now, but I can’t. I hope the pack find us soon”

“That’s if they haven’t killed themselves first” I looked at him with confusion. He shrugged his shoulders and said” What I meant to say was that if they want to find us they might have to combine forces and resources to find us. This isn’t is a one man op.”

“Hey that rhymes, forces and resources” I chuckled softly into his chest as I wrapped my arms around his waist. His body heat radiating of himself made me feel a little warm inside.   

“They asked me about you. About your life and stuff like that. I didn’t tell them anything, so they had someone huge as guys punch me every time I didn’t answer. Soon after, it felt like I was knocked out and then I was physicality thrown into the cell. I guess my head hitting the concrete kind of woke me up”

“God, I wish I knew why they took us in the first place. Maybe it might be easier to figure out what there plot is or what they intend to do with us” I said, tears welling in my eyes as reality it me. We could die here and never be found and our bones will become fossils and will become ashes. My arms tighten around Ty’s waist at the thought of dying. I snuggled into his chest and closed my eyes.

The third time I woke up was when I heard the cell door opening, screeching against the concrete floor, like someone had given the wrong measurements, but no one had bothered to fix it. I felt arms being encircled around my waist and being pulled away. I opened my eyes opened to see Ty in the position where he was when I drifted off to sleep, but someone was injecting something into his veins. After the unknown man had pulled out the needle, I watched as him and another man carry his body out of the cell. I screamed horrifically as I watched my mate be taken away. I thrashed around in the man arms, but he seemed unfazed and kept dragging me further away from the cell. The corridor which almost seemed invisible expect for the lights on the side of the wall, which weren’t providing much light at all. I felt my body rise against the uneven concrete and hit the corners every time we passed one. The man stopped, letting go off my arm for a brief second and knocking on the door. He opened the door, grabbed my arm and pulling me up. I staggered on my feet like a newborn cub coming out of its mother’s womb for the first time. The man pushed me forward and I grabbed onto the top of chair which stood in front of a table to keep myself upright, but my body didn’t seem to want to stay upright as darkness overcomes me.

My eyes flashed opened as my brain tried to figure out where I was. Then everything came back to me. Ty being taken away and then collapsing.

“Get your bearing sweetheart. Get your bearing” a man voice’s overwhelmed my head as I tried to get my bearings. A sudden rush of wetness and coldness made me realise that someone had dumped an entire bucket of water on my head.

“There you go. There you go” he said. My eyes focused on the man sitting in front of me, behind a long oak desk, puffing a cigar. The room was blanketed by cigar smoke. He looked at me and smiled.

“Why are you smiling?” my voice sounded hoarse and rough. The man stood up and walked around the desk. He stood in front of me and stuck out his hand.

“Rose, I don’t think we have officially met. I’m Michael Forrester, Lexi’s biologically father”     

____________________________________________________________________________

VOTE 

COMMENT 

FOLLOW 

On your way out 

Jess xx