Chapter 15: Happy Times

A/N at the end of this chapter :)
___________________________________________

Chapter 15: Happy Times
I stretched my very sore body. Sore between the thighs especially. I smiled sheepishly as last night's events flashed though my mind.
How many rounds had Jay made my body feel so good?
"5"
I gasped and turned around to see my mate still sleeping. He tightened his arm around my waist.
"Wait you serious?"
He cracked open one eye, nodded and then closed it. He brought me to his chest and started cuddling. We did that and more for about an hour, before I went downstairs to make something to eat. I saw Rose sitting on the couch with her head in her hands.
"Hey girly, what's wrong?" She looked up at me. Mascara streaking down her bloodshot eyes.
"Do you believe in second chances?" she asked. I nodded, not sure in how to respond. I sat down next her and cradled her as a fresh batch of tears overpowered her.
"Hey, hey what's going on?" I asked as I soothed her hair " you never cry"
"I found my mate" she whispered ever so quietly, I thought I didn't hear her. I looked at her with confusion
"Again? I don't understand, I thought you only have one mate. How? What?"
"Every million years or some shit like that, the moon goddess makes her presence in the world and gives someone a second chance. It's a seriously rare occurrence in it happening and it's been recorded hardly ever."
"So you have a second mate?" I said I brushed her stray tears of her face
"Yeah and do you want to know what the worst part is?"
"What's the worst part?"
"I can't be with be with him and he can't be with me"
"Why not? I mean everyone deserves a chance at love even a second chance" I said. She gave me a small smile
"Because he's a -"
"What's going on?" Jay asked as he came trotting down the stairs in basketball shorts and a singlet. Hmmm he looks good enough to eat. Again ;)
"Stop having perverted thoughts about each other please and nothing is going on. I needed to clear my head?"
"With my mate? You know you could always clear your head outside. You know the fresh air, the great outdoors"
"Har har har, big brother. Looks who's the big comedian now" she sat standing up" Oh and congrats by the way"
"For what" I asked as I walked over to Jay and wrapped my arms around his waist. He proceed to kiss my forehead.
"You know for fully mating" she said as she walked out of the room. She stopped and turned away" it's a beautiful mark Lexi. My mum would have loved you"
I wiped a tear which had fallen down my cheek. I looked up at Jay and saw a swirly line on his neck. I moved his neck to get a clearer view of it. I gasped. It was a red rose with blood dripping from it. At the bottom, L+J were made with the blood.
"You have the same thing on your neck. It's beautiful. It's go away in a couple days and re appear the next time we have fucking sex"
"Little kids live here and they might hear your profanity". I said as I smacked his chest. He brought my lips to his jaw.
Hours later, we were sitting in the backyard cuddling, watching the kids play with each other as the mothers watched on smiling. I think they were more smiling at us than their own kids. I was playing with a ring on Jay's finger when I felt him tense up. I looked at him, worried. He got up as he saw Steve coming towards him. Steve turned around as he saw Jay coming towards him and they both began walking down the hallway. I got up and quietly followed them. The stood in the foyer, talking very softly. I caught the last part of their conversation.
"Hunters were seen at the perimeter of the boarder. It likes they were scoping the land but nothing else. What do we do?"
"Until they make a move, nothing. Plus because Lexi's dicknob of a father is still here. He could off brought them here. He could be behind all of this. He would do anything to take Lexi away from me and this pack. We have extra wolves on patrol every night"
"My father wouldn't do something as stupid as that" Both men turned around in surprise. I took a step forward lingering on the spot
"Your kidding right? Lexi your father abused you since you were little. He forced an attack on my pack, killing countless lives and also me in the process. He's evil and he's willing to do anything to make you come back and to see me fall" he said. Hurt and anger poured out with each word. I was going to reply when Steve interrupted, completely uncomfortable with the situation he's in.
"I'm going go organise that patrol, while you guys work out your issues"
I watched as he side stepped away from us and walked off.
"Look okay. I get that you hate him. Guess what?!? I hate him too. And while he's here he can't have communication without another pack member hearing. Okay? And what about your pack huh? I haven't seen that slut Alexis in a while. Where she been?"
" Alexis is none of your business. Don't come crying to me when you find out daddy dearest is the reason hunters are killing off wolves" he said as he began to walk off. He stopped and turned around " if you ever talk to me without respect, you will regret it"

__________________________________________
Sorrryyyyy!!!!! I know I was supposed to update on Thursday and I'm like 4 days late. I've been busy because of first week of school and I have a stack of homework to do. Still haven't started on it. Tbh- this ain't my best chapter. The writing sucks I know. Sorry again. This isn't edited and I know it's short. :(
Vote and Comment on your way out

Jess xx