"Make a wish, baby." She whispered. I closed my eyes and blew out my candles. My family cheered.

"You're an adult!" Pa put a hand on my back. "I love you, Nathaniel."

"I love you too, Pa." I smiled at him. Dad cut the cake and handed me the first piece. It was a chocolate and coffee cake with chocolate buttercream frosting, my favorite. Dad had decorated it Christmas themed like he does every year.

"Dad, it's amazing." I told him. He kissed my head and smiled.

"I know." I looked over at Angie who was feeding Easton bits of frosting.

"Angel, he isn't going to sleep tonight." I laughed. "Not with all that sugar."

"Yes he will. He'll be fine." She laughed. "Look, he loves it." Easton stuck his hand in the cake. "And now he's making a mess." She said as Easton smeared the cake over his face. "No, don't do that." She wiped his hand off.

"I told you." I shrugged and ate a bite of cake. "You're feeding our 6 month old cake frosting. Of course he was gonna make a mess."

"I guess it's my turn to bathe him tonight then." I nodded. "Okay."

"Nathaniel!" My cousins ran up to me.

"Hey Elise, hey Tina." I hugged them both.

"We have a present for you." Tina grinned and handed me a blue bag. "Mommy and daddy helped pick it out."

"Aww, thanks Tina. Come here." I patted my lap and crawled on it. "You're getting big, girly. Stop growing." She giggled. I opened the bag and pulled out a card first. I smiled while reading it. There was a Hollister gift card in it.

Then there was an Adidas jacket as well as a Converse box. "Thanks guys, I love them." I stated as I pulled the yellow Converse out of the box.

"Tommy wanted to get you pink ones just to fuck with you." Aunt Angelica scowled at her husband.

"I still would've worn them." I laughed. "I love you guys. Thank you." I hugged the Jefferson family.

"So, how does it feel to be an adult." Aunt Angie asked.

"Well, I became an adult when Angie had Easton. And she's pregnant again so it really doesn't feel any different. I've had a job for a year at the Richard Rogers so I mean, I was basically already an adult." I shrugged.

"And we're all proud of you." Uncle Tommy patted my back. "You and Ange are amazing parents."

I smiled at Angelica. "Yeah, we are." She smiled back and went back to feeding Easton. "We learned from the best people." Everyone awed.

"We love you guys." Uncle Alex smiled. "Hey, has anyone heard from Maria and Eliza and Peggy and Sally?"

"They made it to our parents' safely. They miss everyone and they said they're gonna FaceTime Nathaniel tomorrow after presents and stuff to wish him happy birthday." Aunt Angelica answered.

"I miss Little E." Angie frowned. "That's my lil sis."

E was now 7 years old and growing so much just like Tina and Elise. Madison and Henrietta were grown and Henrietta was in college now.

"Little E probably miss you too. You'll have to take her out for ice cream or something one day." Aunt Angelica replied.

"I'll talk to Aunt Eli about it tomorrow when she calls." Angie nodded.

"Well, I'm calling it a night. I'm exhausted. Happy birthday, bro." Phillip hugged me. "Bye Aunt Angie. Bye Uncle Tommy." We told Phillip goodnight and then resumed our conversations.