Chapter 14

Alex's POV
"SPILL!" They all shouted at once.

"Angelica met a guy at school!" They looked just as shocked as I was.

"Who is this guy you speak of?" "Is he cute?" "Have you met him?" "Sexuality?" "Name?" They were all bombarding me with questions so I decided to answer them all as best as I could. I swear we act like high schoolers

"Angelica's friend. I don't know. No. Don't know. Julian, she didn't say a last name."

"Eliza why don't you go find Angelica so the adults can talk alone?" I totally forgotten that Eliza and Maria had to bring their child. Maria and Eliza decided to have a child and they named her Eliza. We all call her Little E though.

"Okay." She was only four but was very smart. She skipped up the stairs and once she was out of earshot, they began talking again.

"Did Angelica say anything else?" Burr was actually concerned. He's been through everything with us and treats our kids like his own. We don't mind it.

"No. She did say that he liked a boy but that doesn't help us. He could be gay, bi, pan, poly. Ugh! Angelica knows she's not supposed to have boys in her life. They're distractions." I fell backwards onto Eliza and she laughed.

"Alex how come you're still the same height as you were in college. You've grown like 3 inches!"

"Hey! I'm very proud of that thank you very much!"

"Mon ami, I don't know why you are so worried. Boys are not zat much of ze distraction. She zeems to be doing fine in 'er schoolwork non? You don't need to worry."

"You're right Laf. Why is your accent so strong?"

"We took our annual trip to France and he spoke fluent French there and I can't find his English switch. I don't mind his accent though." Herc kissed Laf and we awed.

"It feels like we're college students again. Think about it, soon our kids will be in college and then they'll graduate and have families and jobs. We're getting old." Peggy made her statement. We all laughed and wiped tears of joy away.

"I say we have a sleepover this weekend. Bring the kids too. We can have it here and it'll be just like old times. How does that sound?" Everyone smiled and agreed to it. We really haven't spent much time as friends together because of jobs and kids.

Time skip to Friday
Everyone arrived around 6:00 so John and I had to time to come home. Laf and Herc were the first ones there considering they lived ten minutes away. We had already planned sleeping arrangements ahead of time.
Angelica, Theo, Phillip, and Nathaniel were in Phillip's room. Henrietta, Madison, and Little E were in Angelica's room. John and I had our room, Peggy, Sally, Maria, and Eliza had one guest room while Laf and Herc had the other.

Angelica and Phillip were never told about the sleepover. I was with John sitting on the couch talking to Laf and Herc. Angelica walked downstairs about to ask something.

"Hey dad can Th- Uncle Laffy! Uncle Herc!" She ran down the stairs and flung herself into their arms. They laughed and hugged her back.

"Hello Angelica. Look at you. You're getting so big!" Herc kissed her head and hugged her once more.

"Angelica what were you going to ask?"

"Oh! Can Theo spend the night?" All of us smiled and chuckled under our breaths. "Please daddy."

"Sure. I'm sure Aaron won't mind." I looked at everyone and we all smiled as Angelica ran upstairs happily. "She has no clue what she's in for. We're letting them go around the city right? I mean Angelica'll walk to the Subway and take it. She does it all the time."