Chocolate Cake and Children

It's Hazel's birthday and everyone's come to celebrate, even the soon-to-be newlyweds; Gerald and Emily. This fic follows the events of the 'Stay with me' one-shot and contains Gemily fluff and angst.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was beginning to rise over the horizon when Emily Scamander entered the kitchen in her flat. Leaning against the counter, she stared out the window to admire the gorgeous sunrise and peaceful atmosphere London had blessed her with this morning. 

Suddenly she could feel the presence of another behind her. 

Speaking of blessings... she thought as a pair of strong tanned arms wrapped around her waist, she looked up and smiled to see the half asleep face of her fiance, (Merlin's Beard her fiance!) Gerald, gaze down at her.

"Morning," he murmured sleepily.

Emily grinned and pecked his cheek softly, "Morning."

"Must you always have to get up this early?" Gerald asked as he yawned. 

Emily giggled, "I suppose it's just something you'll have to get used to if we're going to be married."

The brown-haired wizard grinned sleepily at the reminder, "Ah well. I suppose as long as I get to finally call you my wife, I'll get over it."

Emily snorted as she leaned in for another kiss, "Smooth talker."

"So," she said as she reached over to the boiling kettle to pour the hot water, "Grandma's birthday is coming up, and she's invited the entire Scamander clan to the cottage this Saturday to celebrate the birth of her existence."

"The what?"

Emily laughed, "Her birthday. Anyways, I was thinking we could spend the weekend there?"

Gerald smiled and placed a tender kiss on his fiance's shoulder, "Of course, I love your family." he said with a smile before pausing. "Does your grandmother actually refer to her birthday as that?"

The red haired Scamander simply smiled mysteriously and began to drink quietly from her mug.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahh! Emily, Gerald, welcome! Come in, come in!" Hazel cried out jubilant, beaming widely as the young couple entered the family cottage.

"Happy Birthday Grandma!" Emily said as she wrapped her arms around her grandmother. 

Hazel's eyes became misty with emotion, "Aw, you two didn't have to come all the way out here for lil old me. I know you two have been busy with all the plans for the wedding."

"It's no trouble at all Mrs. Scamander," Gerald said with a smile as he embraced the older woman as well, "Emily tells me you like giant chocolate hippogriffs-" 

Hazel eyes immediately widened

"-And while we couldn't exactly find that, we got the next best thing." Gerald pulled out a small rectangular gift box and handed it to the other woman. 

Hazel unwrapped it and gasped when she saw her gift.

"A teenie tiny little chocolate hippogriff!" she cried out joyfully, "Oh my goodness you two this is beautiful it is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life I shall raise it as my son!" she babbled while clutching the couple tightly in her arms. 

"You know, back in my day..." Hazel began as she led the couple into the house, "We had chocolate hippogriffs taller than both Newton and Theseus combined!"