Drunk on Love

Newt comes to New York to give Tina her book, but she isn't home when he arrives.

When she does finally appear, she seems to be acting quite.... odd.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was nearly midnight by the time Newt Scamander reached the apartment building of the Goldstein sisters. 

He smiled fondly at the glowing window five floors up from the foyer, remembering the night he and Jacob had escaped out that very window to find his missing creatures. 

Cautious and quiet, he crept up the staircase, at last reaching their sleek brown door. Newt gazed at the door, not sure if he should knock or wait till morning...

Pickett poked his tiny green head out of the magizoologist's breast pocket, watching the man procrastinate before squeaking in anticipation. 

"What? No Pick I can't just go ahead and knock! What if they're sleeping? What if nobody's home."

The young Bowtruckle retaliated and Newt frowned "Yes. I know there was a light coming from their window but that could mean anything. Maybe they forgot to turn it off."

Pickett shook his head exasperated. He squeaked a response to his human friend "Go in and turn it off? But what if somebody's home?!"

Pickett face planted then started shouting loudly at the nervous man. 

"Alright alright, Pick! Hush! I'll do it okay, I'll knock on the door. Will that make you happy?" The tiny bowtruckle ceased it's screams and nodded his head. 

Turning back to the door, Newt took a deep breath, curled his right hand into a fist and knocked quietly the door. Opening almost instantly to a beaming blonde haired Queenie.

"Finally!" she said pulling the awkward man in for a hug "I thought you'd never knock!" 

Newt laughed quietly, embarrassed "It's g-good to see you again Queenie." he stuttered. 

The legilimens smiled kindly "Aw thanks honey, it's so nice to see you again too. Teenie and I missed you, the city's seemed so quiet without you here." 

Tina missed him...?! Oh, act cool Newt... remember she can read your-

"Thoughts." Queenie finished with a sly smile "So Newt, how's London?"

"Oh, great, actually. Really good. I finally managed to finish my book."

The younger Goldstein sister clapped her hands energetically "Ooh yes that's right! Teenie and I read about it in the paper, it really seems to be taking off!"

Newt nodded "I'm actually quite surprised by the amount of readers." he confessed truthfully "I had no idea so many wizards and witches would be so interested in learning about magical creatures."

"Well, I guess everyone's full of surprises." Queenie said heading over to the kitchen "Come on in Newt, make yourself at home. Teenie should be back soon, would you like coffee or tea?"

"Oh erh, Tea please. Where is Tina if you don't mind me asking?" he responded curiously.

"She's at some sort of MACUSA party, don't worry honey she'll be back soon."

"Oh, good." Newt said fidgeting with the book in his hands. 

Queenie smiled knowingly as she handed him his cup of tea "She will love it," the blonde haired witch said with a smile, looking down at the hard copy in his grasp. "I know she will."