Beauty and the Beast AU: Part 1

Merlin this is a long chapter... ha ha anyways hope this makes up for the wait <3 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once upon a time, in the land of France lay a magnificent castle with a proud and boisterous king. 

King Henry had two sons, Theseus the eldest and Newton the youngest. 

The king's eldest son had set out to battle not long ago and unfortunately had passed away on the battlefield. Leaving the seat of the throne, to the youngest son. 

Since the elder son's passing, King Henry set out to groom his last remaining son to take over the kingdom, which to the king's dismay was the last thing on Newton's mind. 

Young Prince Newton prefered to spend his days outside the castle playing with the creatures hidden in the gardens and the forest. 

His mother, the Queen, encouraged this behaviour for she loved to spend her days outdoors with the royal Hippogriffs. 

It was until Newton's teenage years that Queen Hazel began to grow very very ill...

She would spend less and less time outside and more inside her bedroom chambers too weak to get out of bed. 

When the Queen had passed on, Newton and his father grew even more distant and Henry commited his son through the lessons and lectures of being a king. 

Newton would no longer play outside, and was forever confined to the castle. Becoming as cold and distant as the fortress was.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Harold, fetch my wig. The ladies are expecting me to look fabulous and fabulous I shall be."

"Yes my king."

Newton watched as the servant hurried out of his chamber's to fetch the masters wig. He turned to the mirror and stared at his own cold hard reflection. 

Today was his eighteenth birthday, his third year as king. 

Ever since his father died, he had made it his mission to rule over his kingdom as if he had never left. Every event was perfection to the very last detail, just like his father would have wished. Newton no longer thought of the world outside his own castle, the only things that mattered to him was that the parties and balls were the best of the best. 

"Sir, I have your wig," Carefully, Harold placed the giant mess of curls on top of the young king's messy auburn hair. 

"My king," Harold said 

"They are waiting for you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Leta Lestrange watched from the ballroom as the king made his entrance. Everyone kneeling before him as he made his way to her. 

She smirked as he approached her "My king," she said bowing as well "Where on earth did you get that wig? It's hideous."

"You wouldn't know a fashion statement when you see one Miss Lestrange," he replied scoffing, crossing his arms and staring down at her. 

Leta giggled "You're so bad! Care for a dance?"

Newton only smirked and grabbed her hand, taking Miss Lestrange onto the dance floor, the other couples following. 

"It's good to see you again Newton," Leta said as her fingers wove through the kings. "My father's been wondering if you've chosen one to be your bride yet."