May I?

A cute lil fluffy One-shot of Gerald and Emily, and of the important question he has for her father :)))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I still don't see why you need to be gone so long... It's just a conference." Gerald Peakes groaned as he lay sourly on his girlfriend's bed, watching as she packed her bags. 

Emily rolled her eyes fondly "It's not just any conference Gerald, it's to decide a new law in the Amazon about protecting the endangered species. It's extremely essential that I be there."

"Well I think it is extremely essential that you stay here with me, your boyfriend. How will I survive these three weeks without you?!" he complained dramatically. 

Emily smiled and kissed his forehead lovingly "I'm sure you'll be able to survive. Now c'mon help me carry these bags I don't want to be late."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You sure you have everything? Your toothbrush?"

"Yes,"

"Your speech notes?"

"Yep,"

"Shampoo?"

"Yes,"

"Plane ticket?"

"Mhm,"

"Quill and parchment?"

"Gerald, calm down. I got everything."

"Oh. Well I was just making sure- WAIT DID WE FORGET JOAN?!"

"Nope. Right here," The bushy brown haired witch said behind the couple, waving her hand and smirking. 

Emily laughed and cupped her boyfriends cheeks gingerly "I'll be fine hon, this isn't my first rodeo." 

He sighed and wrapped her in for a hug "I know... I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too, I'll miss both of you." Emily said pulling her best friend into their arms and squeezing the two tightly. 

Behind them the boat train blared loudly, signaling it's departure from the dock. 

Emily beamed, she gave Joan one last hug, kissed Gerald, then  grabbed her bags and waved as she set off towards the boat. 

Gerald's eyes trailed her until she disappeared into the boat and was out of sight. 

He sighed and turned to Joan "Well... I guess it's just you and me."

"Yup. Wanna get a burger?"

"Yes please."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a week since Emily had left on her trip to the Amazon, and Gerald had spent the most of his days walking around the house, thinking and sulking. 

"Dude," his roommate said one morning as Gerald paced around the kitchen "You need to stop pinning and get out of the apartment and do something with your life!" 

Gerald frowned "Thank you, for the vote of confidence." he said dryly. 

"You can't spend your days locked up in here, go out! Have fun! Party a little! Just go!"

"Are you just saying that because you want me out of the house when you bring your latest date here?"

"Yes. No. Maybe. But i'm also doing this for you bro. Look here's a ticket to a Quidditch game tonight why don't you go and enjoy the game?"