You will be Found

This fic focus's on the life of Tina Goldstein <3 I got inspired to write this one about her after watching Fantastic Beasts for the millionth time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~1911~

Ten year old Porpentina Goldstein was a perfectly ordinary witch. 

She had a loving family, a bright future, and enjoyed life to the fullest everyday. She loved to play outside with her younger sister and go exploring in the city. 

The only thing Tina hated was her name, 

"It's too long," she would protest to her mother "Why couldn't you and Papa named me something simple like Betty or Sally?"

"Because," her mother would reply with a smile "Those names are old and boring, your name is new and exciting. You are not boring or dull at all sweetie you are a wonder. And wonderful things in the world deserve wonderful names."

It was a few days after that when her father began to grow very very ill. 

The family had to work harder to make enough money for ends to meet, their mother took double shifts and the two sisters sold papers early in the mornings. 

Soon, her mother began to feel unwell too. She was always tired and never seemed to have enough strength to stay awake anymore. 

"What are we gonna do Teenie?" a frightened nine year old Queenie asked her older sister fearfully as they sat by their parents bedroom door, listening to them cough and groan. 

Tina masked the fear she was hiding underneath with a brave smile "We'll get through this. I know we will."

That night, the healer from St Mungos had closed the door of her parent's bedroom and whispered a small prayer. When she saw the two girls staring up at her with fearful eyes, she knelt down and took both of their hands. 

"Queenie... Porpentina... I have some bad news..."

Tina knew from the moment the devastated witch had uttered her name that there was no more hope. 

Her parents were gone. 

And they were never coming back.

Queenie had cried for hours when the healer had informed them. Their Aunt Clarissa was on her way from Brooklyn to take care of the two orphan girls. 

While Queenie was packing up her stuff from her bedroom, Tina locked herself in the bathroom and stared hard at herself in the mirror before breaking down. She slipped slowly to the floor, curled up into a ball and sobbed, weeping bitterly at whatever parasite had chosen to infect her parents. 

Her father would never ruffle her short brown hair affectionately, nor would he help her light the menorah or walk her down the aisle at her wedding. 

Her mother would never again cook such grand delicious turkey for them during thanksgiving, she wouldn't kiss their foreheads and tuck them in for the night, no more hugs or bedtime stories. 

They were alone. 

It was all up to Tina now.

~1912~

"Are you sure you'll be okay on your own? I don't have to go to Ilvermorny today I can always wait a year."

"Teenie, I'll be fine. You go to school and we'll be together again next year." Queenie Goldstein insisted grabbing her older sister's hands and squeezing them.