Stay with me: Part 1

I've been planning on writing this chapter for a while.... hope y'all like angst ;3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"All right there love?" Newt called up from the ground, steadying the ladder as Tina climbed up and begun to check on the nest of Diricrawls that had appeared a few days ago. 

"Yeah, fine." she called back down as she pressed a gentle finger to the bright blue shell of the resting eggs "Temperatures alright, and the shells are nice and tough, the babies should be ready in... mm per say a week or two." she said as Newt quickly took notes from down below. 

As Tina made her way down the ladder, her vision suddenly became blurry and even though her eyes were wide open, she couldn't see a thing. 

"Newt...?" she cried out, slightly terrified as she took a step off the ladder thinking she was on the ground.

 As she fell she could hear her husband frantically cry out her name before everything became dark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Tina? Can you hear me love? Tina?"

Slowly, Tina peeled her eyes opened and groaned looking up at her husbands worried face. "What happened?" she asked rubbing her head 

"You fell off the ladder," Newt said biting his lip and checking her over for any signs of damage "You have a few bruises, and a bump on your head but you look fine, do you feel fine?"

"I feel kinda tired actually," Tina confessed sitting up and blinking rapidly "I don't know what happened to me, I couldn't see but my eyes were still open. I guess I panicked a bit." 

As she tried to get back on her feet, her head began to swim and she could taste the morning's breakfast resurfacing in her mouth. 

Seeing this, Newt immediately swept into action. Helping her walk towards the shed, he lay her down on the small cot and pulled a blanket and a glass of water beside her. 

"Thank you," she whispered before drifting off to sleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In Emily's flat, Gerald was cheerfully humming a tune while cooking an elegant dinner for himself and his girlfriend as a way to surprise her after work. 

"Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Woggy Hogwarts, teach us something please..." he sang as he checked on the quiche cooking in the oven. 

Wiping his hands on a dishtowel beside him, he took a deep breath and pulled out the velvet box he had bought from Diagon Alley just a couple weeks ago. 

He opened it and stared wistfully at the ring for a minute before hastily putting it back in his pocket when he heard footsteps from across the hall. 

Tonight was going to be the night. 

He was going to do it. 

He was going to propose. 

To Emily. 

Tonight. 

Over a romantic candlelight dinner, Hazel's idea actually. 

Oh god he hoped she said yes, and that she liked the ring, but most importantly he hoped she would say yes. 

Hazel had given him a pep talk the night she had popped over unexpectedly and proposed the idea of a romantic dinner.