How to Train your Creature: Part 1

Okay so I love HTTYD and I've always sort of imagined Newt as a sort of Hiccup so HERE WE ARE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This, is Dorset. 

It's 12 days North of happiness and a few degrees south of an occasional light drizzle. 

 We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. 

The only problems, are the pests. 

You see, most places have mice or mosquitos... 

we have...

Beasts

My name's Newt. Great name. I know. But it's not the worst. 

Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming wizard demeanor wouldn't do that. 

Anyways, get comfy. Grab a mug of Butterbeer, settle in next to the fire, and hold on to the seat of your chair cause things are about to get pretty wicked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fire was everywhere, as far as the eye could see. Newt ran past the houses of his village he watched as troupes of viking men and women gathered up water from the wells and tossed them onto each house, causing the flames to poof out in busts of smoke. 

As he ran, he could hear the earth shattering roar of an attack of beasts in the main square. He yearned to join the others in the battle that was surely being taken place there.

 Unfortunately, his father had other plans for him. 

"Newt! What are you doing outside? GET INSIDE!" He had shouted to the boy only moments before grabbing his wand and charging into a fierce looking Graphorn. 

Rushing into Ollivanders, Newt stripped off his orange vest and began to work. 

"Oh, nice of you to join the party." said Harold, appearing from the back room wiping his sweaty forehead and handing out freshly molded wands to the line of impatient wizards. "I thought you'd been carried off."

"What who me? Nah I'm waaay too muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all... this!" Newt said flexing his skinny arms. 

Harold laughed "Well they need toothpicks don't they?" 

Newt rolled his eyes and began to fix the broken wands other wizards were bringing in for quick repairs, eager to return to the battlefield. 

"Hurry up there boy," One of the hairer ones commanded "Minister thinks he saw a Thunderbird out there, he'll need all the help he can get."

His eyes widened. A Thunderbird! The ultimate prize, a beast with four gigantic wings, the power of lightning and thunder and the head of a magnificent eagle. 

It never steals food, never shows itself, and never misses. 

Some say it was given its powers by Merlin himself and that it grew so dangerous and so deadly, it killed the great wizard itself. 

Outside he could hear a group of teenagers shouting loudly, Newt leant his head out the window to see the junior fire brigade rush past him and get to work putting out the fire on one of the houses. 

Jacob Kowalski, 

Queenie Goldstein, 

Percival Graves,