Mosquito Bites and Sleeping Bags

I hadn't written much about the Scamander family in a while, so I thought I'd just go ahead and write one :)

Hope you all enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a brisk dawn morning in Dorset, Hazel was bustling around the kitchen preparing some breakfast for her family.

"Oh I'm cooking, I'm cooking things, cooking things for people to eat, I'm cooking, I'm cooking things, things that people will cheww." She sang as she buttered up the french toast she was serving. 

Her eyes brightened at the sight of her eleven year old boy, sleepily fumble down the staircase. 

"Good morning Newtie," Hazel said sweetly as the freckle faced boy hopped onto the chair perched in front of the kitchen table. "Did you have any interesting dreams?

The boy nodded, "I dreamt a Thunderbird was eating me alive."

"Oh."

"But it was okay, I got to study his digestive system."

Hazel smiled, sliding over a plate of french toast towards her youngest son. "Well I've got a little something for your digestive system buddy."

As Newt dug in to his breakfast, Henry came down the stairs holding the Daily Prophet in one hand and his reading glasses in the other. 

"Mornin' love," the man said, kissing his wife and ruffling the matted hair on his son's head before settling in the chair next to him and flipping open the paper.

"Oh Henry darling put that darn paper down, no reading during mealtimes." Hazel scolded as she handed him his breakfast. The man sighed, but obliged by his wife's rules and put down the paper as he began to eat. 

"Now where is that brother of yours Newton?"

"Hesh ustwairs trwyeeng ohn hishh newp suewt."

"Finish your food before you speak dear."

"Sowrey." The young boy quickly swallowed his food before continuing. "I said he's upstairs trying on his new suit."

"Well he'll have to change," Hazel stated, cooking up another plate of toast. "Where we're going this weekend, a suit is the last thing he'll need."

"Hello everyone," Theseus said with a grin as he bounded down the steps, elegantly dressed in a dapper looking tux. 

Hazel leaned over the boy and planted a kiss on his cheek, scrunching her lips up tight the second they touched the boy's skin. "Blegh, oh Theseus honey what did you put on your face?"

"Nothing."

"Theseus Scamander that better not have been my enchanted concealer."

"But Mum I needed it! I have a big red spot on my face and I was going to meet this cute girl from Diagon Alley at the park today!" The fourteen year old boy protested, pouting his lips.

"Oh but spots are perfectly natural Theseus," Hazel explained as she passed her older son a plate of toast. "They represent manliness and maturity."

"Are you just making that all up?" Theseus asked with a huff, crossing his arms together and raising an eyebrow in skepticism.

"What did you mean dear by where we're going this weekend?" Henry Scamander interrupted, diffusing the tension in the room before it led on to a full on magic duel. 

Hazel broke out into a smile, and gestured for her eldest son to sit down before revealing the news. "We. The Scamander's. ARE GOING CAMPING!" The red haired woman opened her arms wide in enthusiasm as she nodded her head towards her family, "Huh? Huh!"