Chapter 18

Ares POP

12:30 pm

I mind linked my Delta, Cole, to gather all the warriors and all the pack members in the courtyard immediately.

After the entire pack gathered, I stood in front of my whole pack. The remainder of my family at my sides. I cleared my throat and all whispers and chatter quiet down instantly. "I have gathered you all here today to inform you that we have traitors among us," I stated bluntly while I waited a few moments for the gasps to quiet down. "Today I found out that my mother" the word tasted vile in my mouth... mother... she is no mother to me... "Aphrodite has committed to the worst case of treason... she has conspired with her father Alpha Abaddon and a she-wolf called Madeline to assassinate me, your Alpha... my mate, your luna! She also conspired to assassinate my family... and to control my pack!! She conspired to take control of your pack!" I roared, making my pack members bow their heads, submitting to me. Their Alpha!

Chatter waved through the entire pack. Everyone was shocked at the news. "All the pack warriors will come with us in the search for my mate and also for the fugitives, anyone who was involved in their schemes will also be imprisoned, waiting on execution. You are all dismissed. Pack warriors, please follow me." I said growling a bit out of frustration. I need my mate back...

"Athena," I called my sister before leaving with the warriors. "Please stay behind with a few of the warriors, in case our mother returns here." I instructed her "Yes brother. Please be safe!" she said, pulling me into a tight embrace. "No hug for your other brothers?" Apollo asked with a smirk on his face, while Achilles stood next to him frowning. "Off course!" she beamed, pulling both of them into a tight hug.

We walked off to meet all the warriors "Wolves!" I shouted. "Aphrodite is likely to have covered her scent from us. But we have been able to track Abaddon to a small cabin on the other side of the woods. Capture them, but if they are hostile you have my permission to kill." I roared.

Everyone shifted into their wolves and started to run in the direction of the cabin.

After 30 minutes of running full speed, Cole mind linked me "Alpha, we have picked up the scent of two wolves nearby." We followed the scents until a change in the scents brought me to a stop. "They have split up" Apollo mind linked me sniffing the air. After a moment of sniffing the ground a decided on a plan "Apollo, you and Achilles take half of the warriors and follow the scent on the right and father and I will follow the scent on the left, with the rest of the warriors" I mind linked him and out father. "And Apollo... if you find our mother, bring her back unharmed" Apollo looked at me for a moment before mind linking me back "Ares you have gone soft! More than soft actually, I think your brain has liquified... I know she is our mother... but she is dangerous... If we find her... she must be killed." I stare at him, knowing in my heart that he is right... with a nod, I turned with half of the warriors following the scent while Apollo and Achilles followed the other scent.

We were moving in closer; the scent is becoming stronger. Knowing these lands like the back of my paw, I knew we were chasing the wolf to a cliff...

"I see her" my father mind linked me "It's your mother" he breathed out. I ordered the warriors to surround her, trapping her.

We reached the edge of the cliff to find my mother in a defensive position snarling at us. My father shifted into his human for approaching her slowly "Give it up Aphrodite!" he said sternly while my mother snarled at him again. "You are trapped, Aphrodite; you have nowhere to go!" my father growled, his lack of patients lacing his voice.

My mother started to whimper and shifted into her human form, falling to her knees, sobbing "Please Ares, Zeus! I didn't have a choice! I am your mother!" she begged. I shifted into my human form looking down on her... all my sympathy has washed away, and I'm filled with anger "You have NO right to call yourself anyone's mother!" I roared "You have thrown that away a long time ago!" I said while she continued sobbing.

"Cole" I called "Yes, Alpha" he answered from behind me "Take Aphrodite to the dungeon and make sure you use the silver cuffs on her." I ordered him "Yes, Alpha"

"We found our mother. Any sign of Thalia?" hoping he has some good news... "Madeline and Abaddon are dead..." he replied, "And Thalia?" I asked feeling scared and very impatient "Ares... I-I found her... I'm taking her to the pack doctor... she's dying brother" he breathed out....

The world around me started to spin... while I fell to my knees, tears forcing their way out of my eyes. A painful roar escaped my lips while I silently begged the Moon goddess not to take my mate away from me...

A/N - Last updated: 05/02/2020