Chapter 5

Thalia's POV

The mid-day sunlight was streaming through the bedroom window. I felt like I was floating. 'I must have died... or had one hell of a weird dream,' I thought to myself, trying hard to open my eyes. Stretching my limbs, I noticed that I was not in my bed or the hotel's bed. This bed felt different, almost like a soft fluffy cloud. I jumped upright, taking in my surroundings. I was tucked into the biggest bed I have ever seen. The sheets and pillows were covered with sky blue silk. The room is huge, there was a cosy fireplace in-front of me with a fire going. A huge window with double doors leading out to a balcony. I could see the forest trees through the huge windows. On the right side of the bed, there is a white camelback loveseat with blue and gold throw pillows. A huge crystal chandelier was hanging over the bed. The creamed walls surrounded me with a few wolf paintings.

Wait, a wolf... Wolves... Panic suddenly surrounded me as I realized what happened... The huge red-eyed wolves, the charcoal wolf... changing into a man, a very, very sexy man... It couldn't be. I must have bumped my head or had a weird very realistic dream. But how do I explain being here?? Where am I?

The bedroom door suddenly opened and in walked a tall man. It was him! The charcoal wolf... but in man form or whatever... I sat frozen on the huge bed, staring at him in awe while my subconscious was screaming - RUN, but a part of me was mesmerized by him. The man slowly closed the door and effortlessly approached the bed. He smiled with his lips and his eyes. His eyes... I can drown in them.

" O άγγελός μου (My angel). Do you understand English?" he asked sweetly. The sound of his voice is like smooth velvet rubbed all over me. I was still sitting frozen on the bed with a blank expression. He was staring at me a bit confused to why I am not answering him.

"Uhm, yes, I understand English." I finally answered him. "Where am I? And who are you?". He moved to the couch sitting down, still smiling, his eyes not leaving mine. "My name is Ares Lýkos and you are in my pa... uhm house. What is your name άγγελος (angel)?" he asked me "My name is Thalia Lefkó" I answered him. "Thalia," he said my name like he was testing it. "You have a beautiful Greek name. Where are you from Thalia?" "I am from South Africa" I answered him looking down at my hands.

"Thalia?" He said sitting a bit forward on the couch. "Do you know what happened in the forest?" I looked at him and suddenly I felt the tears burning my eyes "I... uhm... I'm not sure... I was hiking when three wolves started to chase me and then more wolves showed up..." tears were now running down my cheeks "then... the wolves attacked each other... then uhm... the one wolf turned into... well you..." I gave him a confused look; tears were now streaming down my face. "I don't understand. Why where you a wolf? Or did I imagine things?"

Ares sat back into the couch rubbing his temples. "Thalia, have you ever heard of werewolves?" "Werewolves?" I blurted, now I'm even more confused "You mean like in movies or mythical stories? Men, that turn into wolf-things when there is a full moon?" Ares started to chuckle, and I swear I could feel butterflies in my stomach. "Well, not completely like in the movies and stories. But yes, werewolves." he continued "Thalia, I am a werewolf". I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me that he is joking... but nothing... is he really serious? "What? You're serious?" I said gawking at him. "Yes, I know this sounds very crazy. But it's true." He said. "Ok... let's say it's true, then why am I still alive?"

Ares started to frown, and even with a furrowed brow, and his intensely serious face, it's somehow still downright desirable. "Because Thalia, you are my mate," he answered. "Mate? What is a mate?" I asked. Ares smiled and touched my hand, tingles like electricity was shooting through my hand, it didn't hurt, it actually felt very pleasing. "A mate is like a soulmate, your one true love. It normally happens between werewolves and it is always true love at first sight. It is natural for us. It's more than love, its destiny. We're meant to be, and that's how I loved you the first moment I saw you. Me and my wolf." he explained. "You... you... love me? But we don't even know each other?" I said feeling a bit uneasy. "I understand this is all new and strange to you. I grew up with werewolves and the whole mate thing. And I will totally understand if you reject me as your mate." he said while his head dropped like a sad puppy, and the thought of rejection sent pain through my heart. "But all I ask," he continued "is that you give me, give us a chance before you decide on rejecting me." I took my hand and placed it on his, the tingles were shooting through me. "I will give this a chance," I said smiling at him. He looked up grinning from ear to ear. "Thank you άγγελος (angel), I...," he said then suddenly his eyes glazed over, he was quiet for a while then he blinked and looked at me. "'I'm sorry Thalia, I must go, I have some urgent matters to attend to. Are you hungry? I can have you brought something to eat?" he said at the mention of food my stomach growled, "I could eat." Ares smiled, "Good. I will be back around 7 pm, before dinner. There is evening wear in the closet, my mothers' dinners are always formal and compulsory." He said getting up from the couch. "Please stay in this room, I don't want you walking around without me, some of the werewolves, they are not used to having a human around them. They will not hurt you; I just don't trust them around MY MATE." He said smiling. "See you later άγγελος (angel)" and he walked out of the room.

I sat there with my thoughts running around. How could all this happen? I got up from the bed and looked around the bedroom, it was really beautiful. I walked to the right side of the room and discovered a huge walk-in closet. The dresses were magnificent, all the colours and styles a girl can only dream off. I took out a beautiful red lace dress and then I heard a knock on the door. I placed the dress back on the rail and walked out of the closet when a young girl with black hair and a tray with food walked into the bedroom. She placed the food on the coffee table smiled and walked out. "Thank you," I said before she closed the door.

Authors Note: Thank you for reading my book! I hope you are enjoying it so far!

Please follow me on Whatpad and vote for my book and let me know what you think in the comments! :D

Last updated: 05/02/2020