Chapter 1

Thalia Lefkó is a 19-year-old South African girl with fair skin, forest green eyes, long brown ombre hair with the ends curling. She is small build and 1.57m tall and just got her dream job as a flight attended at Emirates.

Thalia's POV

Finally, all my hard work has paid off! I have worked hard as an Air hostess at a local South African Airline for the past year, and I finally got my dream job at Emirates. I will be traveling the whole world, seeing wonderful places like Greece and Italy. Two of the places I really want to visit.

"Thalia, honey?! Are you done with your packing?" mom called from downstairs. "Almost, just a few more thing!" I yelled back. Mom has been taking it really hard. Her little baby will be leaving the nest. My older brother Adrian Lefkó already moved out of the house a few years back. He is now on his third year of studying Architecture at the South African university in Stellenbosch. He doesn't live too far from us. My parents live in their beach view house in Hermanus which one hour and 45 minutes, exactly, from our house to my brothers flat. Mom timed it...

Mom is Portuguese, and dad is Greek. I can definitely point to my parent's direction if someone asked me where my loudmouth and short temper comes from. But I love them. It will be hard on them, for the first few months I will hardly be home. I will be working and travelling through Europe.

I finished packing the last of my clothes and went downstairs to find mom in dad's big arms, hugging her while she sobbed. Mom, Sabrina Lefkó, was a bit shorter than me, 1,55m and also slender build, she had dark skin with long curly dark brown hair and light brown eyes. Dad, Basil Lefkó, was a big and tall man, almost 1.75m. With broad shoulders and deep green eyes and light brown hair.

"Oh, mom. Please don't cry! I will be back!" I try to reassure my sobbing mom. "I know my baby; it is just so hard to see my last little duckling go out of the nest..." Her voice was breaking, and fresh tears started to flow from her already red and puffy eyes. I ran quickly to her, embracing her in my arm. "Oh Mommy, it's alright!!" Dad then pulled both of us into his big arms hugging us tightly. After a few moments', dad cleared his throat "Honey," Dad said sweetly "We should leave to go pick up the pizzas if we want to have dinner in time." "Oh my! I almost forgot. Thalia, are you coming with us?" Mom asked. "No, I still have a few things to do" "Okay honey!" Mom said pulling me into another hug.

After mom and dad left to get pizzas from our favourite Italian Pizza place just on the other side of Hermanus. My stomach suddenly rumbled at the thought of the yummy meaty pizzas. I went to the fridge and got myself two Vienna sausage as a small snack before dinner. I quickly ate the one sausage and was making my way upstairs when someone rang the doorbell. I gave out a sigh, opening the front door to find someone I least expected. Ruan, my ex-boyfriend.

Ruan was your typical Rugby player. He was a bit taller than me, he has broad shoulders, short blonde hair, brown eyes and a killer smile.

"Hi Babe," He said arrogantly and charmingly at the same time. "Oh, uhm, Ruan... Hi... What are you doing here?" I was a bit shocked that he was here at my house... He was really upset the last time we saw each other... when I broke up with him few weeks ago. He couldn't accept the fact that I didn't want to have sex with him... I mean I didn't want to stay a virgin for the rest of my life, but it just didn't feel right to have sex with him... he then 'accidently' hooked up with the town slut, Stacy... He didn't exactly break my heart; I did like him; I'm just upset by the fact that he went that far just to hurt me. But I'm glad it is over between us, for some strange reason, I don't know... It just doesn't feel right with him...

“Well babe,” he smiled taking my hand in his, making my skin crawl. “I was in the neighbourhood and I thought of you and that beautiful face of yours. Then I decided to come beg for your forgiveness, babe! I am so sorry for the mistakes I have made… She forced herself on me… and I am so sorry for pressuring you about sex, it’s just you are so hot, and you make me so horny...” he continued, I saw the pinkish lipstick smudge on his neck and knew why he was in the neighbourhood... he was with Stacy again... She is the only one that wears that tacky pink lipstick... anger ran through my veins while Ruan tried to pull me closer to him. "I'm sorry Ruan," I cut him off before he could do or say anything more, "this is not going to work... This is over... you cheated on me and there is still pink lipstick smudged on your neck. Do you really except me just to take you back... I was never in love with you, I liked you... but not loved you... so please just stay away from me!" I pulled my hand away from him while the hurt spread across his face, and I could see that he was getting angry. "You don't have to love someone just to have sex with them!!" He shouted at me, I stared at him blankly... "Your definition and my definition of sex are definitely different. Because for me, you should have sex with someone you love and care for and not just because you are horny! So please just leave! I am don't want to see you again! Goodbye Ruan!" I slammed the door in his face before he could respond. I could hear him shouting and cursing outside the door. But ignored it went upstairs, continued to eat my second sausage. I just know that my life is going to change for the better.

Once upstairs I made sure all my things were packed and in-order for tomorrow. I went through my new job's rules and contract.

I sat back in my comfy chair when the most delicious smell hit my nose. FOOD! I jumped up and made a run towards the kitchen. The aroma of my favourite pizza hit my nose. The Meaty Monster... It had pork ribs, beef steak, pepperoni, ham, bacon and loads of cheese on. My mouth was watering already. This girl loves her meat!

I was in the kitchen before my mom can even call me down for dinner. "Oh, glorious pizza!! Yummy!" I squealed. Suddenly someone wrapped their arms around me and lifted me off from the ground. I squealed and then realized it was my big brother. "Hey, little sis!" He said chuckling at me. "Adri" I shrieked. Adri was my brothers' nickname I gave him when I just started talking, as I struggled to say Adrian, and the name just kind of stuck. Adrian in 1.77m with broad shoulders, brown eyes and dark brown hair. "I didn't know you were coming over?" I asked surprised to see him "Did you really think I was not coming to say goodbye to my little sister? I'm your brother not an animal!" he hugged me again. "Hello," another familiar voice said "Lindy! I'm so glad you came with Ari" I quickly moved over to Lindy giving her a tight hug. Lindy is Adrian's girlfriend. They have been together since they were sixteen. I like Lindy, she is kind-hearted and very sweet. Lindy is a leggy blonde, with big brown eyes. Her blonde hair is kept in a neat Chinese bob, that complements her facial features. She is studying her third year in becoming an optometrist. I have the feeling that Lindy and Adrian are just waiting to finish their studies before they get engaged.

"Of course, I would miss out on saying goodbye," Lindy said with the sweetest smile. "Oh, and we brought you something," Adrian said, holding my favourite Bar One ice cream in his hand " Have I ever told you that I love you!" I said with the biggest smile ever. "Come, children, pizza's getting cold. Adrian, please put the ice cream in the freezer before its melt's" mom called from the dining room. We all grabbed a seat at the dining room table and dived into the yummy pizza.

Dinner with my family is always warm and full of chatter and laughter. Someone at the table is always making a joke or laughing. I really love my family and I'm going to miss these weekly family dinners.

Dad cleared his throat after we ate our delicious ice cream. "Let's all help mom to clean-up everything. We all need to get to bed soon. Need to leave the house at 4 am tomorrow to make it in time for Thalia's flight at the Airport." Everyone got up and cleared the table. Once everything was cleared away, we said goodnight and I went to my bedroom to take a shower.

I enjoy my hot showers. The warm water is soothing to my muscles. I washed my hair with my berry shampoo and scrubbed myself with my strawberry body scrub. After my long shower, I quickly dried off and put on my black and pink heart pyjamas. I dried my hair and went to bed. I am so excited for tomorrow; I hope I can manage some sleep.

Authors Note: Thank you so much for reading my book! I do hope you enjoy my story so far! 

Please follow me on Whatpad and for my vote for my book and also let me know what you think of my book so far! :)

Last updated: 06/02/2020