Chapter 11

Aphrodite POV

I am still busy with some urgent paperwork when someone knocked on my office door in the middle of the night. "Come in," I answered in a sigh. "Sorry to disturb you so late my luna... but I have some urgent news for you." Sidney, one of my loyal subjects reported. I sat back in my white leather chair, placing my golden pen neatly on the table. "Go on then, I don't have all night," I responded. "Yes, of course, my luna. I have been keeping an eye on your son Ares and his human mate, just like you asked, and it seems like they have mated..." I cut her off before she can continue "THEY WHAT!?" I yelled. No, this can't be... I will not allow this!! She is a human!!

"Yes, my luna, but there is more..." Sidney continued. "More... how can there be more... everything is ruined... SHE does not belong here... SHE is not one of us." I can't believe this... how ignorant can Ares be... I thought to myself, standing up from my chair, pacing up and down in my office... he deliberately showed me that he will mate with that little puny human girl... "My luna." Sidney broke me from my thoughts.

"What is it, Sidney!" I snapped at her. "They are not fully mated yet; Ares only marked her. But there is something wrong with his mate. I saw Ares carrying her to the infirmary, she was crying and sounded like she was in a lot of pain. Some of the other staff also reported her screaming out of pain." Sidney reported. I sat back down in my leather chair "Screaming out in pain..." I mutter to myself. "Yes, my luna. Not long after she started screaming, the medical staff came running to them and the guards blocked off the area. But I will report to you when I found out more information." She added.

"Yes, do that. These matters are strictly confidential and pressing." I reminded her. "Yes, my luna." Sidney vowed, lowering her head in respect and leaving my office, closing the door behind her.

This is all such a mess... I need to fix this before it all gets out of hand... at least they are not fully mated yet... I thought, sitting back in my leather chair rubbing my temples. An idea came to me... I have more than one son... Apollo will just have to take Ares place as Alpha. I have been moulding him for years now, and he will report to me. I sat up straight as my new plan for my pack came in to place.

"Apollo! Come to my office now!" I ordered him through the mind link. He doesn't answer me. "APOLLO!" I screamed. "Mother... it is the middle of the night, I am..." Apollo moaned, but I cut him off before he can continue complaining... stupid little boy! "I do not care if you are sleeping or busy with a girl. When I give you an order you will obey!" I scolded "Yes, mother. I am on my way." He answered; his voice laced in annoyance. I could not care less how annoyed he is with me... We have a catastrophe and it needs to be resolved immediately...

Apollo enters my office ten minutes after I ordered him to come and see me immediately... "I have been waiting," I said, irritated by his lack of punctuality. "I do apologize mother" Apollo remarks sarcastically. This is going to be harder than I thought to try to control him once his Alpha... I admitted to myself in a sigh.

I know what I must do... I moved to my locked cupboard and unlocked it with the key that is around my neck. I poured myself some of the dark liquor and for Apollo a separate drink, carefully not to mix the two up. I locked the cupboard up again, making sure the key is safely around my neck again.

Handing Apollo his drink, I gestured him to sit down. Apollo took the drink, sitting down on the chair in front of my desk. "So, mother, what seems to be so urgent that you had to wake me up in the middle of the night," Apollo growled.

I sat back into my leather chair, taking a deep breath. "I called you here tonight because we have a bigger problem than we initially thought," I answered him while tapping my fingers impatiently on my glass-topped desk. "It is late mother, and I want to go back to bed... I honestly don't have time for guessing games. Just tell me what the problem is."

This need to start working soon, before I kill my own son for disrespecting me... I admitted to myself.

"They are mated..." I revealed. Shock and disappointment flash through Apollo's face. I knew it... he is in love with Thalia. I knew to talk to him the other night worked. I laughed inwardly. "Oh..." the hurt in his voice is clearly visible. "Yes, I was informed earlier that Ares marked her tonight. But they are not fully mated... yet." I continued standing up from my chair walking over to Apollo "The Alpha title was always supposed to be yours, Apollo and not Ares!" I hissed into his ears "You were supposed to be born first and have everything Ares has!" I lied. I can hear Apollo's breath getting heavier and his shoulders tensing up It's working... I rejoiced. I stood behind Apollo and placed my hands on his tensed shoulders. "But," I remark "You can still have it! All you must do is take him out of the picture and then you will have everything he has including even his precious mate. If... you really still want her..."

A/N - Hi guys! 

A little bit of a twist! : D Thanks for reading! If you like my book, please follow me on Wattpad and also give it a BIG vote and comment! Thank you!! :D

Last updated: 05/02/2020