Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

Beads of sweat began to litter his tanned skin as he struggled holding up Daisies weight. It seemed Daisy had quickly caught on because almost as soon as it had happened, Daisy rose her opposite arm, latching her hand painfully onto the wooden floor above her, trying to hoist herself up. She had given Hoseok just enough assistance to allow him to pull her up, grunting as he brought her up beside himself. 

As soon as Daisy was laying flat on the floor, Hoseok turned on his back, chest rising and falling as he gasped for air, "That..." he tried to regain his breath, "that was a... close one"

"Woah..." Daisy spoke, eyes still wide in shock from her fall, "Hoseok, do you have super speed or something?" 

At Daisies sudden words, Hoseok turned on his side, "Hey!" he shout, snapping her out of her trance as she faced her ticked off boyfriend, "You almost died and you're joking around!?" he lectured. 

Daisy let out a small chuckle, raising a dainty finger and booming Hoseok's nose, "Just lightening up the mood." she smiled, gesturing to the rest of the squad standing silently around them. Everything had happened so quickly, the squad hadn't even had enough time to process what had just happened. 

Jimin stepped forwards, leaning over the two individuals laying on the floor, "Come on guys," he spoke, extending both of his hands, "Lets get a move on." he smiled, watching as both Hoseok and Daisy sat up, taking a hold of each of Jimin's hands as the blonde haired male hoisted them back to their feet. 

The springy, lively curls in her chestnut hair bounced around as she rose to her feet, Daisy chuckled as she caught onto Hoseok's rather stern expression, allowing him to relax a little as she slipped her dainty hand into his warmer and more comforting one. "Thanks Hoseok." she spoke softly under the moonlight, finding herself at ease when a small smile crept it's way across Hoseok's lips. 

"Lets go!" Jimin called, shuffling his feet over the creaking floorboards as he reached the door to the next staircase. Wrapping a hand around the cold metal, Jimin let out a grunt as he pushed open the door, rusted hinges slightly screeching as the door swung wide open. Taking a step into the room, Jimin felt his heart drop the moment a figure leapt out from the shadows. The clicking  transformed into a screech of ape like fury as the creature spun itself in Jimin's direction, far to close for Jimin to slip out his pocket knife and land a hit. 

Shutting his eyes in terror, Jimin braced himself for the worst, but was extremely surprised when the echoing sound of a gunshot filled the room. Slowly opening his eyes, Jimin watched as the clicker dropped to the floor, rotting corpse landing at his feet with a thud. Soft blonde bangs falling over his eyes, Jimin swept his gaze to the squad behind him, not surprised to see Yoongi, arm raised and gun in his clutches. 

Yoongi had shot the clicker straight over Jimin's shoulder. 

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi pushed his way past the squad, landing himself up front with Jimin, "Lets not mess around anymore." he spoke, slipping his handgun back into the side of his belt, "We can't afford to drop our guards." 

Gulping, Jimin gave a nod, this time slipping his blade into his hand as his focus fell back onto the task at hand. Jungkook, who had been unusually silent let out a sigh, "Yoongi's right, we can't drop our guards," he spoke up, gesturing out the ceiling to floor window behind him, "We're almost at the very top of building, we can't let our attention slip now."

Jungkook was right. The squad had climbed up to almost the very top of the building. Just a few more stories up and the gaping windows of the building across from them would be reachable. Slipping his flashlight from his pocket, Jungkook turned his attention to his squad, cocking his head in the direction of the next flight of stairs.