Chapter Eight: Lick The Plate

July 2nd, 2019- Desederia's POV

        MENACINGLY COLD AIR pricked at my skin until I could swear that I was getting frost bite. The harsh strings of a rope dug into my wrists and they started to bleed the more I struggled.

As if struggling would do anything. I didn't know why I even tried.

I had to remind myself that the chances of me being around people were unlikely. No one bothered to gag me or even warn me that if I screamed, something bad would happen. I had been hushed and hit for being too vocal, but not enough to lead me to believe that we were near civilization.

Don't be stupid, don't be stupid. Breathe, Desederia. Freaking out won't give you more room to move; it won't free you; it won't save you.

With those thoughts in mind, I tried to calm myself.

Inhale, exhale. Inhale, exhale.

My hands were growing numb and I knew that I soon wouldn't be able to feel either of my entire arms. The feeling of dread washed over me as I looked at the grandfather clock on the other side of the room. My glasses were dropped and cracked a few hours ago, so I couldn't read it very well. All I knew was that both hands were on the upper left side of the face.

If it was the tme I thought it was about to be, then I wanted nothing other than to die right there. I prayed that the night wouldn't start; that the sunlight would've stayed in that room, giving me some sort of comfort.

A newfound pain found its way into my shoulders until it hurt so bad that I uncontrollably shrieked. I wanted to remain quiet, to get through the day without any torment, but that was no longer bound to happen.

Heavy footsteps raced towards me. The door slammed open and a figure that I couldn't see clearly stood before me.

"What the fuck are you going on about?"

"M-My shoul-"

A brutal force came over my stomach. Blood and puke poured from my mouth.

As if I have any left to spare.

Tears prickled at my eyes, but I refused to let them be shed.

Be strong.

"That'll take the focus off of it."

Unexpectedly, he placed his dirt-covered hands on my bare waist. Then, he leaned in and carefully kissed my bruised lip. With internal gagging, I gave him what he wanted and kissed back.

This will save you. It has to.

He pulled away resistantly after a few seconds of wandering hands. "Better?" He asked.

I nodded. "Much."

He smiled and gave me some water from a bottle on the stool in front of me. Surprisingly, he let me drink until I was finished and then wiped my lips clean for me.

Ew.

"I'll be back in the morning, darling." He whispered, exiting the room.

Once he was gone, I breathed a sigh of relief. The water already made me feel better, as I hadn't had any in twelve hours.

That night, I got no sleep.

The morning came too soon. Only one small window allowed for access to sunlight, but I knew it was morning because of the aroma of bacon floating from under the door. He told me he'd make breakfast every morning for me and, to my pride's dismay, he was a good cook.

Although, no matter how good of a cook he was - or anything - I couldn't stand the thought of him. I was petrified of the man.

"Darling, I have something for you."