Scene 6 - Next

The Daleks Empire had now all been wiped out. Leela, Connor and Mia recover from their games of survival and breath heavily.

Connor:

Well, we did it everyone.

Leela:

Yes. We beat the Daleks.

Mia:

So, where exactly do we begin now? Hundreds of dead Daleks to clear up, and all the mess to clean. We don't even know how big this Dalek complex is.

Connor:

No. None of us know the first thing about it.

Mia:

We just saved the universe from the Daleks.

Connor:

I know! We all stopped them.

Mia:

Not all of us made it though. Nearly everyone died. And Mitch...

Connor:

Yes. Dead at the bottom of the embryos. Shame it had to end this way?

Leela:

Where I come from it is fitting that one should sacrifice one's self for their people. They all died bravely.

Connor:

Wait a minute, the Doctor?

K-9:

The Doctor Master is approaching from the right, master Connor.

The Doctor arrives. He seems awfully cheerful and delighted to meet his friends once again.

Doctor:

Well done everyone. We just saved the universe from a massive Dalek fleet that was almost ready to be released. The others didn't make it out, did they?

Connor:

No. But they died with honour.

Doctor:

I see. I'm sorry.

Mia:

So, what next then? We need to clear this place up.

Leela:

Will the DNA still produce humans, Doctor?

Doctor:

It should. The Daleks were only taking quantities at a time and pumping it into their own chambers to create a new breed of Dalek. I would try and get the old panel working again. I'm terribly old fashioned. You should find it easy growing new humans. And you'll certainly need it to clear up a Dalek fleet.

Connor:

Well, we are defiantly going to need some help clearing all this up. You're a scientist too, aren't you Doctor? Why don't you stay and help us clear up here? You could teach us so much.

Doctor:

Oh, well I shouldn't really interfere with the affairs and development of peoples and planets. I never really give advice. But if there is one, you two belong here. And you can help grow your home together here and help expand the human race.

Mia:

Come on, please stay.

Doctor:

And besides, K-9 will need recharging, won't you boy?

K-9:

Master, my power supply is perfectly stable for the time being.

Doctor:

Well, he says that.

Leela:

Then, goodbye you two. And good luck.

Mia:

Goodbye you three.

Connor:

Did it have to end so soon, Doctor?

Doctor:

Well, you see you two, I was never really here in the first place.

The three leave without another word. Heading through the dead domain of Daleks, smoking and their gunge running down their bases. Connor and Mia are left on their own again.

Connor:

I shall miss them. Yes, I shall miss them.

Mia:

Where do you think they will next be off to?

Connor:

Anywhere and everywhere. And I'm glad that, if the Daleks had to come at any time, they came at the same time as the Doctor and the TARDIS.

Mia:

And us?

Connor:

To start again. Find a new home. Grow new humans, and set up colonies across the universe.

Mia:

No, I meant us two.

Connor:

Anywhere and everywhere.

He takes her hand. And they are left off to drift across the universe, searching for a new planet to call home. But that's a different story altogether...