Scene 4 - TARDIS takeoff

The Doctor, Leela and Connor run. Running faster than any of them have ever run before. The Daleks blast their lasers, firing aimlessly in their direction. A blast blows the rubble and rocks behind them, seconds away before they were hit from behind as they narrowly missed.

Daleks:

EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!

DALEK 1:

THE DOCTOR IS AN ENEMY OF THE DALEKS!

DALEK 2:

THE HUMANS BEINGS MUST BE DESTROYED!

They gain off of the Daleks. They approach the TARDIS finally. The Doctor hurriedly drops K-9 and slots the key in, kicking the damaged robot dog, followed by Leela. Connor stands by the entrance for a moment.

Connor:

We can't go in there. That's a police box from...

The Doctor drags Connor inside, inches from the bolt of the Dalek. The door slams shut. The Daleks zap and exterminate the TARDIS, leaving it untouched. Inside, the Doctor takes to the controls of the ship. Leela places K-9 onto a table at the front of the console as the scanners are opened.

Doctor:

Right, we can't stay here forever.

Leela:

We only just escaped with our lives.

Doctor:

I know. You see how dangerous the Daleks are.

Connor is fascinated by the TARDIS.

Connor:

Can someone please explain how this is real?

Doctor:

Different dimensions. That's all you need to know.

Leela:

We need to get out of here and fight off those machine creatures, right now Doctor!

Doctor:

Not a chance. You saw what they did to K-9. He is practically a burnt cinder.

Leela:

Well we can't run away like cowards.

Doctor:

And I suppose you have a better option!

Leela:

YES! To fight off these Daleks.

Doctor:

Right, so we go out there. And two Daleks are waiting outside. I hope you have a good aim to knock out two Daleks with two knives.

Leela:

Then I will face them myself. Open the door, Doctor.

She carries her knives in her hand, marching out of the door. They haven't opened. The Doctor has double-locked the doors. Leela turns to the Doctor furiously as she raises her knife to him.

Let me out, Doctor. NOW!

Doctor:

And I'm telling you Leela that you stand no chance out there. Enough people have lost their lives against the Daleks, and I don't want you next. Now put that thing away. I'm going to take her around the planet so hopefully the Daleks will either chase after us or hopefully so we can formulate a plan.

The Doctor switches the dematerialization switch, as the time rotor lights up and begins swaying up and down, busying himself at the controls. K-9's burnt head gently rises.

K-9:

Master, power supply - failing.

Doctor:

Not now, K-9!

The TARDIS vanishes in front of the Daleks. They both stop.

Dalek 1:

THE TARDIS HAS DEMATERIALISED FROM PRESENT POSITION, SUPREME DALEK.

Dalek Supreme:

VERY WELL. RETURN TO THE COMPLEX.

Daleks:

WE OBEY!

The Dalek Supreme turns to the other Daleks arrogantly.

Dalek Supreme:

THE DOCTOR MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO ESCAPE! LAUNCH THE TIME CAPSULE! THE DOCTOR MUST BE EXTERMINATED!

Daleks:

WE OBEY!

One of the Daleks turns to face the Supreme.

Dalek 2:

THERE ARE CURRENTLY LESS THAN FOURTEEN OF DALEKS IN EXISTENCE. WE SHOULD REMAIN ON THIS PLANET AND FULFIL OUR PURPOSE.

Dalek Supreme:

ONLY FOUR DALEKS WILL LAUNCH IN THE TIME CAPSULE. COMMENCE THE PREPARATION IMMEDIATELY!