Scene 2 - Mitch! Mia! Lily! Louisa?

They simply keep walking. Still heading back to the TARDIS at this rate. The Daleks thankfully are nowhere in sight, as the Doctor and his friends pass below a steep hill over above them.

Doctor:

Perhaps K-9 will be able to give us a hand when we fix him.

Connor:

A lot of work he needs.

Doctor:

I know. I don't think he has suffered anything quite as bad as a blast from a Dalek.

Leela:

I feel like we are being hunted, Doctor. From above.

Doctor:

Up there?

They stop, facing upwards. People emerge – Mitch! Then Mia, Lily, and Louisa!

Mia:

Connor!

They run down, excited and overjoyed. Their clothes are torn, ragged. They are covered in grease and dirt. The girls jump on him to hug him, Mitch joins in. Mia kisses Connor!

Connor:

Guys!

Louisa:

We thought we would never see you again!

Lily:

Where were you?

Mitch:

The Daleks have taken over the complex.

Connor:

Yep. I've seen.

They laugh together happily like children who come back to school from holidays.

Mitch:

Doctor. Leela.

Doctor:

Well, if I'm being honest, I can't think of anything to say.

Mitch:

I can. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!

Doctor:

Getting rid of the Daleks.

Mitch:

Well sure you have. You're six months late, Doctor!

Mia:

That's enough Mitch!

Leela:

Where is the other worm, Milo?

Lily:

We don't know. We can only assume the Daleks killed him.

Louisa:

I think we could care less about him.

Connor:

So anyway, what have you been up to?

Mitch:

Surviving. Just. But we need to get back to our underground hideout. We're too exposed here.

Leela:

Why? The Daleks are back there.

Mitch:

They do go out on patrol here you know.

Doctor:

Well. I do need to get back to my ship to collect my dog, so the rest of you can go back and we will follow.

Connor:

Very well then. Leela, Mia, you go with him. We need someone to show you where it is.

Doctor:

We won't be long. Let's go girls.

The Doctor, Leela and Mia set off. Connor, Lily, Mitch and Louisa head back up the hill.

Connor:

Listen, Connor, I'm sorry about us, what...

Mitch:

What's been done has been done now, Connor. Don't even think about it.

Lily:

Well what happened with you and the Doctor, Connor?

Connor:

We had to shake off the Daleks. For me I may have been gone for less than an hour.

Mitch:

Well for us it has been six months.

Connor:

Yes. How have you been making out?

Mitch:

Enough.

Connor:

What about food?

Mitch:

Doesn't matter.

Louisa:

We thought you were never coming back, Connor.

Mitch:

And now I know how it feels to be a leader. It takes guts and brains. I might be smart, but I'm no leader.

Connor:

Well, you made it for six months out here. That's quite an achievement. It shows you have the intelligence and confidence to strive to be the best you can for your people. You might outdo me!

Mitch:

Yeah.

Connor:

And now we have our trump card with us – the Doctor.