Scene 3 - The power plant

They have now reached inside. All have reunited now. They keep low and quiet, whispering. The party are now in a long, dull corridor that would be part of any Dalek base.

Mitch:

What kept you two?

Connor:

Doesn't matter. No Daleks down here it seems.

Lily:

It depends on what's down the corridor.

Leela:

K-9? Any Daleks down here?

K-9:

Negative, mistress.

Leela:

Well, what would be the quickest and most effective route to the complex with the DNA?

K-9:

Just follow, mistress. As a reminder, you are to keep quiet and conversation to a minimum.

K-9 continues, with Leela and her knife, Connor and Mia, Lily and Mitch. They proceed down the corridor, only turning to the right. They meet at a four-way passage. They quickly run forward, and soon coming towards a window featuring the pumps and human, or Dalek, embryo. She sees the same human slave that was exterminated by the Daleks earlier in the gunge.

Mia:

Yuck. Its hard to imagine we were made out of that stuff. He must have fallen in.

She keeps close to Connor as they make their way down the passage.

Leela:

So far so good. The Daleks must think that we are all gone so they have stop the intense hunting.

K-9:

Halt. Human approaching from behind.

They have stopped, and Leela aims with her knife. One of the human Daleks turns, facing them neutrally.

Human slave:

You – are – an – enemy – of – the – Daleks. You – must – be –

She throws. SPLAT! Directly in his heart, falling down dead.

Leela:

Let's keep going.

Eventually, they reach another four-way. Still no sign of Daleks. They once again pass through another four-way as fast as possible. Once all have reached over, K-9 stops.

K-9:

Alert! Alert! Dalek human located from behind.

Lily is standing right next to the passageway. One of the slaves jumps from behind like a puppet on strings, grabbing her and suffocating her.

Connor:

LILY!

Her neck is snapped – dead. K-9 spins around and fires a laser at the human slave dead. They mourn over her body.

Mitch:

I'm going to get the Daleks for this!

Connor:

All of us will, Mitch!

Lily:

We have to keep moving! The Doctor is still counting on us.

Reluctant, they depart. Saddened, but now hungry for more vengeance. Soon, they pass over a window. When all four see inside, they are all horrified!

Connor:

O-K!

Mitch:

How many?

Mia:

Probably well over hundreds.

Mitch:

And we had no idea how dangerous this would be. Nor were we expecting what to find in here.

Leela:

Forget about them. We shall soon destroy these machines, once and for all. Let's keep moving.

All four and K-9 depart. The window contains a factory of hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds, if thousands upon thousands, inside. They wait with each other, turning and turning in their tight spaces with their lights flashing, all booming words and phrases like "EXTERMINATE!", "DALEKS CONQUER AND DESTROY", "EXTERMINATE ALL HUMANS", "WE ARE THE NEW RACE OF DALEKS", "THE DALEK RACE IS SUPREME". Endlessly. This is the true nightmare of a Dalek factory. All waiting to be released. And all waiting to wipe out all life in the universe.

Finally, after a long while now, they can see their old control centre. Now occupied by human slaves and four Daleks. They peer in the room that releases the new Daleks. They hide from the new Daleks being released as they zoom out one at a time. As there is no wall, they can see the instruments and console well. The group hide behind a massive block with more metal and equipment. Another entrance is where the newly designed Daleks leave to join the rest of the Empire. The party whisper quietly.

Mitch:

Any ideas anyone?

Leela:

Getting rid of the human slaves will be easy. It's the Daleks that are our biggest problem.