Scene 7 - A Spaceship?

The spaceship has landed. The doors face us. The engines have finished whining down. Connor and the others have arrived nearby the bulky, steel door. They stand around, excited yet curious.

Ki:

Well, they coming out?

Mia:

Well we don't even know who they are yet.

Louisa:

Do you reckon it is a ship from Earth, Connor?

Connor:

Possibly. We had no contact from them. It doesn't look like a ship from Earth. What do you make of it, Mitch?

Mitch:

Doesn't look like it.

The Doctor, Leela and K-9 arrive.

Connor:

What do you think, Doctor?

The Doctor is suspicious.

Doctor:

Everyone should stay back. I have an uneasy feeling about this.

Milo is hiding nearby back the passage, watching his friends investigate the ship.

Leela:

You are saying we should prepare an ambush?

Doctor:

I doubt an ambush will really work, Leela. Everyone, back away behind K-9.

They back behind the dog.

Lily:

We should get out of here. Whoever is in there could be hostile. Is that what you're saying, Doctor?

Doctor:

Possibly.

The Doctor bends down to K-9's level.

What do you make of the ship, K-9?

K-9:

Insufficient data, Master.

Doctor:

Right. Aim out your laser on the door, K-9.

The laser points out towards the steel entrance of the craft.

Connor:

I think Lily is right Doctor, we should get out of here if you really are unsure of the situation.

Doctor:

Yes. You stay here, K-9.

Leela:

I can feel it too. Evil.

Doctor:

Yes. You can sense it. Let's head back.

They begin to head back, turning their shoulders.

K-9:

Master! The entrance is beginning to open.

They stop and reverse back around. The Doctor takes out the Sonic Screwdriver as Leela slips out her knife. They both stand at the front. There is a sense of mystery and tension and fear among the crew. They know something bad is coming out of the ship, and are just waiting for that moment. Sweat begins pouring out of the brows of some of the men.

Doctor:

We're armed now. We at least have some sort of defence.

Leela:

It is not like you to take arms, Doctor.

Doctor:

Only when the time calls for it. Right now, this might be one of the greatest perils the human race ever faces.

Nobody makes a sound. The doors begin sliding open. They reveal nothing, just a blank wall of silver. Until...

EXTERMINATE!

End.

(End credits)