Scene 4 - The planet Banjee - Xyno

Arriving somewhere nearby the compound, close to another pool of human embryo, the groaning and wheezing of the police box begins to whine as the TARDIS dematerializes. The Doctor slaps on his hat, opening the doors on whichever panel that is as they always open the doors on different panels which is really annoying for continuity...

Doctor:

Come along.

Leela:

Wait! There might not be any air out there.

The TARDIS doors have opened.

Doctor:

Firstly my girl, the TARDIS is surrounded by a forcefield protecting us with air. And secondly, there is plenty of air out there. And gravity is almost as strong as your planet's.

K-9:

Master, I'll be good.

The robot dog wags his tail.

Doctor:

Alright then boy.

They depart. Standing outside the TARDIS, both the Doctor and Leela admire the magnificent landscape.

Fascinating.

The Doctor takes out his telescope, scanning the landscape before him.

Maybe we're in some sort of force field like the TARDIS' that supports the air across the whole planet. Aahh!

Leela tries to peek through the telescope to see what impresses the Doctor so much, which she fails to do. The Doctor is too tall.

Leela:

I can't see it.

Doctor:

Its dead ahead, Leela. You probably won't need the telescope anyway.

The Doctor returns the object back to his capacious pockets.

Looks like their complex. Wonder what they are doing here? Planet feels funny.

He begins jumping up and down. Leela copies, then both stop.

Hard rock. Feels like there is something beneath it

Leela:

They wouldn't have anything to do with why the planet is so off its' course.

Doctor:

Possibly.

The Doctor crouches down to K-9.

Doctor:

K-9, how far do you make that complex to be?

K-9:

Approximately one mile from present position.

Doctor:

Well, that will be a good distance for a nice bracing walk. Come along.

The Doctor runs ahead, as Leela rolls her eyes before quickly catching up. K-9, though, tries. The crew have noticed the time travellers. Milo catches them out of the corner of his eye, as he stares across the bare surface of the planet. The Doctor is running over like an excited child. Milo leans forward.

Milo:

Connor! There's a man out here!

Connor:

What?

Connor rushes out and watches the new arrivals sprint to greet them. Leela is in range.

We'd better go greet them then.

Milo:

Guys! We've got people out here!

They rush down the steps and arrive on the planet's surface. They meet up with the Doctor, smiling cheerfully.

Doctor:

Good evening, gentlemen.

Connor:

Who on earth are you?

Milo:

Are you rescue or something? Come to rescue us from this?

Doctor:

Quite right. I'm Scott Tracy from International Rescue! Ha, I only wish. But better known as the Doctor.

Leela arrives panting.

And this is my co-pilot and friend Leela.

Leela:

Doctor, why didn't we just walk?

Doctor:

Plenty of fresh air here. And it's better than the filthy atmosphere Earth or Pluto.

Connor:

Right. What are you two doing here?

Doctor:

More to the point, why this planet is millions of miles off its course. I assume that is why you are here...?

Milo:

You have no business on Banjee-Xyno. We don't need any sort of help or rescue from anyone.

Connor:

Milo. We will need all the help we can get. And I'm sure you have travelled a long way to get here. My name is Connor.

Doctor:

Pleasure.

Connor:

Yes, well the circumstances you can't deny aren't the best, but if you come this way into our base we will introduce you to our friends.

Doctor:

Excellent. I love meeting new people.

Milo:

Well, if you come this way.

Connor:

Thank you, Milo.

The others head off, Leela staying at the back.

K-9:

Mistress!

She stops to turn back to K-9 and allows him to catch up.

Leela:

Come on, K-9.

They arrive by the ladder. Leela picks up the dog carrying him up since poor old K-9 can't do stairs.