Scene 7 - The planet Marinus

Start from the beginning

The Doctor notices the submarines in the water.

Doctor:

Well, the Voord are here alright. Where have they gone?

Prisoner ZZ9:

Prisoner ZZ9's people. Our ships. They landed here. Where the Voord were. They killed and tortured us. But when they left in our ships. Prisoner ZZ9, was the only human left alive.

Connor:

Then what's your real name?

Prisoner ZZ9:

Prisoner ZZ9 can't remember. Why is Prisoner ZZ9 helping three strangers?

Doctor:

Oh, well. I've got a very honest face. It's because...

The Dalek ship has materialized, landing nearby the TARDIS.

Connor:

That's why!

The Daleks begin emerging.

Dalek 1:

TARDIS LOCATED!

Prisoner ZZ9's eyes widen.

Prisoner ZZ9:

They! They destroyed Prisoner ZZ9's ships! Must get away! Must!

Doctor:

Come back man!

He tries to jump up, before running off towards the cliffside. The ground crumbles. He falls, almost directly in front of the Daleks! They turn their heads, moving in for the kill as he screams.

Dalek 2:

IDENTIFY YOURSELF!

Prisoner ZZ9 is speechless – with terror, breathing deeply faster and faster.

Dalek 2:

SPEAK! SPEAK!

Dalek 3:

EXTERMINATE IT!

All three exterminate the man, screaming in agony as he dies. The Daleks then look up – the rock was being pushed.

Doctor:

NOW!

The rock crumbles and plummets down to the ground. CRASH! The Doctor, Leela and Connor stare downwards. They had only crushed one Dalek. The other two begin zapping and firing in their direction, as the Doctor and friends dive.

Dalek 1:

EXTERMINATE THE DOCTOR!

Dalek 2:

ACTIVATE THE BOMBS!

A Dalek backs off. And the other stands by the cliffside.

Connor:

What are they up to?

Leela:

What is our plan, Doctor?

Doctor:

Improvisation, Leela.

The Doctor figures what they are up to.

Run back! BACK!

They begin running downwards. The Dalek blows up. KABOOM! The bombs had detonated on its casing. Rocks and rubble run down the cliffside, as the left edge is swamped the landslide. The cliff is now thin and unstable. The Dalek had sacrificed itself. Now, there was only one Dalek left. It scans the surrounding area once more. There seemed to be no sign of life.

Doctor:

GOOD MORNING! Or is it afternoon?

The Dalek immediately turns to the top right-hand side of the cliff, the section of the steep hill. The Doctor was that side. It moves. Now, it was at the top of the cliff, scanning the area as it carefully makes its way across. There was nothing around. BAM!

Dalek:

MY VISION IS IMPARED! I CANNOT SEE!

They were hiding alongside the cliff edge, hanging on. Leela had jumped up and stuck her knife directly in the eyestalk.

Doctor:

GET BACK DOWN LEELA!

She jumps down and the Doctor catches her before she slips off and falls. The blinded Dalek spins around, firing aimlessly. It continues spinning forward, tripping over the Doctor's long multi-coloured scarf he had tied up for the Dalek to trip over. It careers forward, throwing itself over the cliff and screaming helplessly as it rolls down the cliffside, heading directly towards the acidic sea. SPLASH! KABOOM! The acid burnt through the Dalek and detonated the bombs – and the creature itself. They rise up, safe.

Well done, everyone. Come along, we can't stand around here for much longer.

They proceed carefully down the hill.

Connor:

So we did it. We stopped the Daleks!

Doctor:

Yes. We stopped them again. Let's get you safe and sound back to Banjee-Xyno.

Connor:

And the Daleks?

Doctor:

Oh, easy.

Leela:

What about their ship, Doctor. Are there any more in there?

Doctor:

Ah, well I doubt it.

The Doctor stands near the spaceship.

I won't be a moment.

He wonders into the mysterious craft. We hear a Sonic blast from the Screwdriver as all the instruments blow up into smoke, whilst the Doctor coughs. He exits back out.

That should put their spacecraft out of action for a long time. Now you two, back to Banjee-Xyno. I'm sure Mitch and the others would have looked after themselves perfectly with the Daleks.

They all enter, closing the doors, and the TARDIS dematerializes...