Chapter 11: Digging the Graves

Darcy placed himself in the library, where he could be away from a certain lady and think about another. However, it was not that he purposely chose to think about Adele, her piercing violet blue eyes with blue flecks and her cascading cocoa brown locks, which he had seen down only once when they were children, nevertheless, it was imprinted in his mind. The way her full lips moved when she spoke and her eyes smiled instead of her lips. She was the only goddess alive and he was ready to worship her.

Oh! No, Darcy was in the library to divert his mind from the damsel,m by reading a book, though he re-read the same line and still nothing but Adele went inside his skull.

His riverie was broken when a footman walked in and bowed.

"Mr Darcy, sir, a Miss Adele Bennet request an audience with you."

He was shocked, the goddess he was thinking of not a moment before, was there to bless him with her presence.

"Let her in," he cleared his throat before speaking.

"She refused, sir, she would rather have you to come outside to meet her."

Before the footman can even finish his statement, Darcy was almost running to meet the lady. He was too out of his senses to think of mannerism.

His breath hitched lightly at the sight he had the pleasure to see. There was she, Miss Bennet, in all her glory wearing a riding dress, astride on a beautiful black horse, contrasting her own colour. She looked divine and he was speechless.

"What happened Adele?" He asked once he had recovered.

"It is Mr Wickham," she said furious.

"Let me get my horse," he hurriedly replied.
__________________

Adele was more than vexed and highly angry, for Mr George Wickham had managed to make way inside her sister's head. Though, it was sympathy that he gained first, but that was his old way.

The two of them rode into the streets of Meryton and it did not take long to seek the officers. The silly girls of the town were throwing themselves over the officers. Adele's jaw clenched over the sight and she looked away. She quietly moved her horse to the forest to get to the opposite side of the officers, to the camp.

Darcy silently followed her and they were both not surprised to see a whore on his lap and kissing.

"Now, now, Mr Wickham," she said and the whore stood up gasping in surprise, "showing our true colours, are we?"

Darcy was looking at him with disgust while Adele looked at him blankly. Wickham smiled evilly at them before saying the whore to go for now. The riders got off the horses as Wickham stood up and came to them.

"How are you, my dear?" Wickham asked in a little drunk tone while trying to touch her. Darcy stiffened while Adele smirked.

Before the two can even understand, Wickham was pushed against a tree with a knife almost cutting the skin of his neck.

"What did you say to my sister?" asked Adele with gritted teeth. Her eyes were furious and burning holes through the man.

"Nothing, just how helpless I am and this man here, who apparently was my childhood friend, looked so disdainfully upon his father's godson. How the offer of the service was snatched away from my hands," he snarled at her.

"I know better, George," she scoffed.

"But your sister do not," he smiled.

"What if I tell her? What if the words spread of you being a fraud and a man whore?"