70

_____
Two weeks after Dean's death

"How the hell could you go on a trip RIGHT when you hear news like that?! You just left us here! What if we woulda went to jail!" Kelly yelled at Dustin. This is the first time the boys have talked in person since the news.

"I didn't know what else to do, guys!"

"Saying that would've been better than bailing. You should've been making sure Bryan was okay!" Patrick said. "Hell, we're all scared."

"I'm sorry.. I was terrified. And I'm not understanding..don't even know how they found his remains." Dustin eyed Carnell and Bryan. "What didn't y'all do right?"

"Well," Carnell started. "We took the body near the river and burned it like you said... we just weren't close enough to the river when we burned it."

Kelly begin to get uneasy. "So did the remains make it to the river? And how?"

"We picked up the ashes and put them in a bag.."

Kelly's head hung low.

"You left the fucking bag on surface?" Dustin asked.

"We um..." Bryan cleared his throat. "Threw it in the river,"

"The whole bag?" Patrick asked with wide eyes.

Bryan nodded.

"Y'all didn't even see if it sunk, did you? Somebody could've easily picked up the bad and reported what was inside." Dustin told them.

"It could've been anything, though."

"All those ashes? Really? You should've just poured it out in the water. And kept the bag."

"It doesn't matter Patrick. If we burned this man to ashes how the fuck can someone say they found his remains? What remains? How could they know it was him if there's no DNA?" Carnell asked.

"You're right." Dustin said. He started thinking.

"There might not be DNA where we were. But there's some DNA somewhere.." Kelly told them. "Or we've been set up. One of the two. Regardless we've gotta let it play out and act as if nothing happened."

Patrick looked at Kelly funny. "I'm starting to wonder about this nigga too Carnell."
___
Chelsea

"Coming here is a big step.. I'm glad you two thought enough of your relationship to do this."

In just two weeks, Carnell and I were back in a relationship like none of this shit even happened. As strange as it may seem, I'm happier than I've been in a while. We've realized that no matter what we go through or who we're with that we'd always want to be together so guess what? We're together. And we've decided that counseling is the right step for us.

"We're trying," I told the therapist. "I know I need some work and he does too. I just hope that we can get to a place to where we can communicate better with one another."

After our session, we went to my place just to chill. Both of us had things to do later and decided to just hang out until then. We cuddled up on the couch and watched tv for a while.

"So you gonna tell me about the dream you had?" I asked him.

"I told you.. it was nothing."

"Nothing isn't what that was. Your sweat literally ruined the bed and you woke up terrified." I told him.

"Chels... I-" he sighed. "I really don't wanna talk about it."

"So it's something that you just don't wanna talk about?"