08

Meeting at the studio
______

All of the guys were at the studio getting ready to discuss things heavy about the direction of their career. This was it. This could either make or break them. They weren't use to having a early morning meeting so this was intimidating for them. They didn't know what they were in for, what they'd be faced with or anything. They just made sure to show up on time.

They all went into the meeting room and Ricky was there. They were surprised that he was even on time. "Good morning guys. I'm just gone cut to the chase and get straight to the point."

"Here we go," Kelly sulked down in his seat and got ready to take in all the bullshit.

"I'm dropping you from the label." No one replied back to Ricky. They all saw it coming. Ricky looked around wondering why they weren't saying anything. "I've wasted too much money with you guys, plus we're not getting along. The album is not even half way done."

"Okay, so first of all Ricky... we don't get along because you haven't tried to get along with us. Don't blame that on us. We've tried our best with you. You haven't lived up to your full potential as a manager." Dustin said.

Patrick added to that. "Right, so no love lost. We've been trying to get away from you anyways." Carnell and Bryan nodded in agreeance.

Ricky seemed stunned so he chuckled. "Haha, wow."

"Let's get it clear that you weren't really a manager. You're lazy as shit." Kelly said.

"We can manage ourselves. We been doing it." Bryan shrugged.

They guys weren't expecting to lose Ricky today but they weren't worried about it. What they were worried about is getting a producer and a label under their belt.

Ricky smiled. "Without me... you know you have nothing right?"

The door opened and in came Chelsea. "Sorry I'm late Ricky, I had--" she noticed the guys in the office and paused. "What's going on?"

He signaled for her to sit down with them and she did. "As I was saying. You guys are nothing without me. Worthless! No manager, no label and damn sure no producer. You think about that you ungrateful motherf--" Before he could get the rest out of his mouth, Dustin got up to try and hit him. Kelly and Patrick held him back as Ricky went for the door. "You'll be sorry! I promise you that!" He said before rushing out and leaving them all there to look at one another.

Chelsea took in what was happening. She felt the urge to help them all out since she felt bad by the way Ricky was talking. Calling them worthless was the last thing that should've hit Ricky's mouth.

"So why'd he call you here?" Patrick asked Chelsea after they got Dustin to simmer down.

"He asked me to come out and talk with him about producers I know. I was only here to tell him that I wasn't working with you guys anymore and that he needed to stop calling me about it. I meant what I said, I'm done."

"That doesn't mean you can't help us." Dustin said. "If you know producers, let us know who they are."

"I have three. One I know for sure who is willing and ready to work with you but he doesn't play games. He's good. Amazing actually. I know what you guys are capable of but I also know that you don't stay focused long enough to record an album and he's not having that." Chelsea let them know.

They all looked at one another and Carnell decided to speak. "So what's in it for you?"

Chelsea rolled her eyes. "Not shit. I've got my own people to worry about."